[JPL] Black vs White

POWDERSPAM at aol.com POWDERSPAM at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 16:05:26 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/8/2006 2:35:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
eric-jackson at comcast.net writes:

<<Certainly the important point is the artists playing ability.  The problem
is, according to the original writer that this label apparently  doesn't feel
like African Americans are skillful enough to be signed to their  label. I
have a problem with that.>>

i'm not sure that's what he was saying, but the info we have is pretty
sketchy. maybe it's partly a marketing issue? i haven't seen anything  about what
label it is or who the artists are on it. what if the label is  primarily
interested in marketing to say, kenny g fans, because they feel his  followers are
more likely to buy cds. aren't his fans also mostly white? do
african-americans buy his records or tickets? even if this were the case,  there are
african-american smooth jazz artists--but aren't their fans mostly  white too? it does
make you wonder why they'd only have white artists if  white fans buy the
music regardless of the artist's race.
-david