[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, November 8, 2006

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Nov 9 00:03:02 EST 2006

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Wednesday, November 8, 2006
CD feature: Zoot Sims' I Wish I Were Twins

8:00 PM Jimmy Rowles Our Delight Our Delight VSOP 1968

8:11 PM Billie Holiday My Old Flame The Commodore Master Takes Commodore 1944
8:14 PM Billie Holiday Easy Living Complete Decca Recordings Decca 1947
8:17 PM Billie Holiday Always Lady Sings the Blues Verve 1955
8:21 PM Billie Holiday All or Nothing at All All Or Nothing At All Verve 1956

8:30 PM Zoot Sims I Cried for You For Lady Day Pablo 1978
8:35 PM Zoot Sims Jitterbug Waltz Warm Tenor Pablo 1978
8:41 PM Jimmy Rowles Time Out Lilac Time Kokopelli 1994
8:45 PM Count Basie She's Funny That Way Montreux '77 Pablo 1977

8:55 PM Sonny Rollins Remembering Tommy Sonny Please Doxy 2006
9:02 PM Tommy Flanagan Barbados Beyond the Bluebird Timeless 1990
9:08 PM Gillespie All-Star Big Band I Mean You Remembering Dizzy MCG 2006

9:18 PM MB3 All Blues Jazz Hits/Volume 1 Mel Bay 2006
9:26 PM Carla White Sweet and Slow A Voice in the Night Bright Moon 2006
9:32 PM John Hart Help Me Standards Green and Blue Hep Jazz 2006
9:36 PM Esperanza Spalding Loro Junjo AYVA 2006

9:43 PM Ray Charles How Long Has This Been Going On Ray Sings/Basie Swings Concord Jazz 2006
9:50 PM Houston Person & Bill Charlap Don't Forget the Blues You Taught My Heart to Sing High Note 2006

10:00 PM Zoot Sims I Wish I Were Twins I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981
10:05 PM Zoot Sims Georgia on My Mind I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981
10:11 PM Zoot Sims Changes I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981
10:16 PM Zoot Sims The Touch of Your Lips I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981

10:23 PM Art Tatum My Heart Stood Still The Complete Capitol Recordings Capitol Jazz 1949
10:26 PM Art Tatum You Took Advantage of Me The Complete Capitol Recordings Capitol Jazz 1949
10:29 PM Art Tatum Sweet Lorraine God Is In The House High Note 1941
10:31 PM Art Tatum Tea For Two I Got Rhythm Decca 1944

10:36 PM Zoot Sims The Fish Horn I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981
10:44 PM Zoot Sims Come Closer to Me I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981
10:49 PM Zoot Sims You Go Your Way I Wish I Were Twins Pablo 1981

11:00 PM Dave Valentin If You Could See Me Now Come Fly With Me High Note 2006
11:05 PM David Kikoski As It Happens Limits Criss Cross 2006
11:14 PM Mike Melvoin La Luna Negra You Know City Light 2006

11:24 PM Delfeayo Marsalis Lone Warrior Minions Dominion Troubador Jass 2006
11:35 PM Branford Marsalis Hope Braggtown Marsalis Music 2006
11:46 PM Wynton Marsalis You Don't Know What Love Is Live at the House of Tribes Blue Note 2005

Thursday's highlights: Charles Mingus' Mingus Ah Um; singer/pianist Patricia Barber; and new releases by Bill Frissell, Lonnie Smith, and John Bunch.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR