[JPL] Next Week On XM 72-Beyond Jazz (The World's Only 100% Modern Jazz Channel)

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Nov 9 08:43:38 EST 2006

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (13-19 November 2006)
 This Monday, November 13th, we’ll present another edition of our special feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of one of the most inventive keyboardists in jazz today, JOHN MEDESKI ! Not only will you hear the music of John with his incredible trio Medeski, Martin & Wood, but you’ll hear from some of his many collaborations with the likes of Club D’Elf, John Scofield, Matthew Shipp and more.  Plus John gives us his own words to shed light on one of the brilliant careers going today. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It’s MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS featuring JOHN MEDESKI on Beyond Jazz.
 This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino ...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle gives us an “Acid Jazz Revival” with a special themed show that focuses on that great musical movement from the ‘80’s and ‘90’s that made the jazz world dance again.  You’ll hear Brand New Heavies, Jamiroquai, Up Bustle & Out and more!
 This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for GROOVE COLLECTIVE LIVE FROM NEW YORK on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll take you to Lafayette Street in New York’s Greenwich Village, to Joe’s Pub to hear New York’s own brilliant band GROOVE COLLECTIVE performing  for the celebrants at their recent CD release party for the USA rollout of their latest project “People People Music Music.” It’s GROOVE COLLECTIVE LIVE FROM NEW YORK on this weeks addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!
 IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!
 Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, November 18th, we'll focus on one of the major instruments in jazz history and the players who keep it in the spotlight with a special presentation titled ORGANICALLY SPEAKING!  Join Russ Davis as he talks to the people who make the Hammond B3 organ sing.  We’re talking Larry Goldings, Joey DeFrancesco, John Medeski, Robert Walter and more. Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). ORGANICALLY SPEAKING…this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.
 Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email mes sages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.
Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio