[JPL] Playlist: WCVE Wed 11-08

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Nov 9 16:42:39 EST 2006

Wed. jazz playlist from WCVE-FM.

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday November 8, 2006

(Simone) I Want a Little Sugar for My Bowl - Nina Simone Sings the Blues -
RCA Victor - 82876 73334 2 ((2:33))

(Milt Jackson) Bag's Groove - Night Train - Oscar Peterson - Verve - 314
521 440-2 ((5:40))

(Miles Davis) Milestones - Booker Little 4 & Max Roach - Blue Note - CDP 7
84457 2 ((5:33))

(Thelonious Monk) Let's Call This - Steve Lacy Plays Thelonious Monk -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-063-2 ((7:15))

(Woody Shaw) Sweet Love of Mine - Sweet Love of Mine - John Hicks - High
Note - HCD-7142 ((5:47))

(Miles Davis, Victor Feldman) Seven Steps to Heaven - Chet Baker in Tokyo
- Evidence - ECD 22158-2 ((7:56))

(Tom Harrell) Sao Paulo - Time's Mirror - Tom Harrell - RCA Victor -
09026-63524-02 ((8:43))

(Russell Malone) He Said What? - Russell Malone Live at Jazz Standard -
Maxjazz - MXJ 602 ((8:47))

8:01 NPR News

(Brian Lynch) The Palmieri Effect - Simpatico - Eddie Palmieri and Briwn
Lynch - Artist Share - AS 0057 ((7:53))

(Victor Young) Delilah - Skyline - Bobby Hutcherson - Verve - 314 559 616
((6:31))

(Charles Mingus) Opus Four - Mingus Big Band Live in Tokyo - Sunnyside -
SSC-3042 ((9:21))

(Amy Shook) Alice with the Blue Flannel Hair - The Shook-Russo Quartet -
Summit Records - DCD 458 ((7:23))

(Sidney Russell, Carl Sigman) Crazy He Calls Me - A Greater Love - Nancy
Donnelly - MisD Records ((4:06))

(Jimmie Davis, Charles Mitchell) You Are My Sunshine - At Last - The gene
Harris / Scott Hamilton Quintet - Concord Jazz - CCD-4434 ((6:40))

(Duke Pearson) Jeanine - My Museum - Phil Kelly and the SW Santa Ana Winds
- Origin - 82468 ((6:09))

(Jeremy Pelt) The Two of Them - Maximum Firepower - Louis Hayes and the
Cannonball Band - Savant - SCD 2078 ((6:28))

9:01 (Donald Harrison) Nouveau Swing - The Survivor - Donald Harrison -
Nagel Heyer Records - 2068 ((7:41))

 (Bill Anschell) As the Crow Flies - More to the Ear Than Meets the Eye -
Bill Anschell - Origin - 82469 ((6:15))

(Cole Porter) You'd be So Nice to Come Home to - Motion - Lee Konitz -
Verve - 440 065 510-2  ((10:41))

(Amina Figarova) Dancing in the Wind - Come Escape with Me - Amina
Figarova - Munich Records - BMCD 465 ((5:37))

(Rufus Reid) Come out and Play - Jazz Folk - Rufus Reid - Don Aliquo - YW
300 ((8:43))

(McLean) Lights out - The Best of Jackie McLean - Prestige - PRCD-5709-2
((12:55))