[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Thur 11-09

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Nov 9 21:51:47 EST 2006

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM.
Posted online at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below,

Thanks!

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 sesame Street
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday November 9, 2006

(Elmer Bernstein) Walk on the Wild Side - The Cool World / Dizzy Goes
Hollywood - Dizzy Gillespie - Verve - 314 531 230-2

(Creamer, Layton) Way down Yonder in New Orleans - Lester Young: the
Kansas City Sessions - Commodore - CMD-402

(Cole) Straighten up and Fly Right / (Robinson) Jumpin' at Capitol - The
Complete Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio Volume 1 - Mosaic - 138 Disc
1

(Cal Tjader) Crow's Nest - Stan Getz with Cal Tjader - Fantasy -
OJCCD-275-2

(Phil Kelly) Bluelonious - My Museum - Phil Kelly and the SW Santa Ana
Winds - Origin Records - 82468

(Cole Porter) Everything I Love - Everything I Love - Julie Kelly - Chase
Music Group - CMG - 8075

(Billy Strayhorn) Smada - Other Tongues - Paul Carlon Octet - Deep Tone
records - DT 001

(George and Ira Gershwin) Our Love Is Here to Stay - Above the Clouds -
Dave Glasser - Arbors Records - ARCD-19337

8:01 NPR News

(Rome, Jamblin, Herpin) (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Hallmarks: the
best of Jim Hall - Concord  Jazz - CCD2-30076-2

(Meredith d'Ambrosio) Try As I May - Wishing on the Moon - Meredith
d'Ambrosio - Sunnyside - SSC 1159

(Freddie Hubbard) For Spee's Sake - Hub-Tones - Freddie Hubbard - Blue
Note - CDP 7 8415 2

(Thelonious Monk) Ruby, My Dear -  Thelonious Monk at Newport 1963 & 1965
- Columbia/Legacy - C2K 63905

(Joe Zawinul) Midnight Mood - Between the Lines - Joan Hickey - OA2
Records - 22029

(Wayne Shorter) Go - Schizophrenia - Wayne Shorter - Blue Note - CDP 7243
8 32096 2 0

(Bill Carey, Carl Fischer) You've Changed - Every Village Has a Song -
Yusef Lateef - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 71551

(George Cables) Quiet Fire - Quiet Fire - Frank Morgan / Bud Shank Quintet
- Contemporary - CCD-14064-2

9:01 NPR News

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You - Make Me Rainbows - Trudy Desmond
- Koch Jazz - KOC 3-7803-2H1

(Mario Adnet) From the Heart - From the Heart - Mario Adnet - Adventure
Music - AM 1027  2

(Billy Strayhorn) Take the A Train - Walking with My Bass - Nilson Matta -
Blue Toucan Music - BT01020819

(Robin, Chase, Whiting) My Ideal - Quiet Kenny - Kenny Dorham -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-250-2

Good Morning Heartache - Billie Holiday - from the Original Decca Masters
- MCA Records - MCAD-5766/JVC-501

(Ellington) Jam a Ditty / Magenta Haze - Duke Ellington: the Great Chicago
Concerts - Music Masters - 01612-65110-2

(Stefon harris) Dancing Enigma - Dances with Duke - Stefom Harris - Blue
Note - 0946 3 41090 2 4

(Liam Sillery) Mai Lien - On the Fly - Liam Sillery - OA2 Records - 22030

(Reed Kotler) Dancing All Night - I'll Always know - Reed Kotler - Torii
Records