[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Nov. 12, 2006

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:11:19 EST 2006

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sunday 4-7 pm.

1) Maria Schneider-Allegresse (Allegresse)
2) Maria Schneider-Concert In The Garden (Concert In The Garden)
3) Maria Schneider-Love Theme From Spartacus (Coming About)
4) Maria Schnedier-Bombshelter Blast (North Sea Jazz Festival)

5) Karrin Allyson-Something Worth Waiting For (Footprints)
6) Ben Riley-Let's Call This (Memories of T)
7) Bill Frisell-Misterioso (Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul Motian)
8) Thelonious Monk-Jackie-ing (5 By Monk By 5)

Songs by Richard Whiting [birthday]
9) Nat "King" Cole-Too Marvelous For Words (King Cole Trio Transcriptions)
10) Kenny Dorham-My Ideal (Quiet Kenny)
11) Skitch Henderson-The Japanese Sandman (Swinging With Strings)
12) Billie Holiday-He's Funny That Way (The Legacy)

13) Bryan Lynch/Eddie Palmieri-The Palmieri Effect
14) Eddie Palmieri-Ay Que Rico (The Latin Vogue)
15) Eddie Palmieri-Just A Little Dream (Sueno)

16) Sun Ra-Two Tones (Sun Ra Visits Planet Earth)
17) John Patitucci-Nana (Line By Line)
18) Kenny Garrett-Realization (Beyond The Wall)

19) Sam Jones [birthday]-Antigua (Big Band Rennaissance)
20) Sam Jones with Blue Mitchell-I'll Close My Eyes (Blue's Moods)

21) Rodrigo Amado-The Iconoclast (Teatro)
22) Nels Cline-McNeil Island/Pumpkin (New Monastery)
23) Ornette Coleman-Jordan (Sound Grammar)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com