[JPL] WRIR "Bebop & Beyond with Mr Jazz" playlist 11-12-06

Giz Bowe girard.bowe at verizon.net
Mon Nov 13 21:54:21 EST 2006

4-hour show today -

Posted on behalf of Mr Jazz, Mike Gourrier

I post this playlist to:
rec.music.bluenote
rec.music.makers.jazz
rec.music.makers.trumpet
Jazz Programmer's mailing list

Adds and rotation plays are charted with CMJ.

HOUR #1
Horace Silver/We've Got Silver @ Six/Hard Bop Grandpop/Impulse
Russell Malone/Blue Daniel/Live @ Jazz Standard/MaxJazz/2006
Plas Johnson/Jammin' For Mr. Lee/Keep That Groove Going!?milestone
Pete Zimmer Quintet/Judgment/Judgment/Tippin'/2006
Carmen McRae/Midnight Sun/Finest Hour/Verve
Woody Shaw/Seventh Avenue/Stepping Stones/Columbia
Mitchel Forman/What a Wonderful World/Perspectives/Marsis Jazz/2006

HOUR # 2
Jimmy Smith/When Johnny Comes Marching Home/Crash! Baby/
Blue Note
Towner Galaher/Have You Met Miss Jones/Panorama/TGM/2006
Ramsey Lewis/Delilah/Finest Hour/Verve
Wayne Wallace/Some day/Dedication/Patois Records/2006
Bill Mays Trio/Darn That Dream/Live @ Jazz Standard/Palmetto
Shirley Horn/You Won't Forget Me/You Won't Forget Me/Verve
Yoron Israel/Impressions/Basic Traneing/Ronja Music
Bill Cunliffe/El Optimista/Imaginacion/Torii

HOUR # 3
Charles Lloyd/ForestFlower/Live @ Monterey/Rhino-Atlantic
Romero Lubambo/Comin' Home Baby/Softly/MaxJazz/2006
Nina Simone/Wild is the Wind/Finest Hour/Verve
Gary Burton/Take Another Look/Generations/Concord
Manhattan Projects/Echoes of Our Heroes/Echoes of Our Heroes/Evidence
Brian Trainor & Friends/Why Try To Change Me Now?/Why Try To Change Me
Now?/Summit/2006
Shelly Manne/Poinciana/Yesterdays/Pablo
Contemporary Piano Ensemble/Back Home/Four Pianos For Phineas/Evidence

HOUR # 4
Horace Silver Trio/Opus de Funk/Horace Silver Trio/Blue Note
Paul Carlon Octet/A Certain Slant of Light/Other Tongues/Deep Tones/2006
Chet Baker/Autumn in New York/Chet for Lovers/Verve
James Williams & ICU/A Beautiful Friendship/We've Got What You Need!/Evidence
Charles McPherson/Goodbye Pork Pie Hat/First Flight Out/Arabesque
Santi Debriano/Mimosa/Panamaniacs/Evidence
Gerald Wilson Big Band/Milestones/Moment of Truth/Pacific Jazz
Shook-Russo Quartet/Only Words/Shook-Russo Quartet/Summit/2006

Mike Gourrier, host
"Bebop and Beyond with Mr Jazz"
WRIR-LP 97.3 FM
PO BOX 4787