[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH, Bsoton Nov 10, 2006

Steve Schwartz Steve_Schwartz at wgbh.org
Tue Nov 14 12:37:01 EST 2006

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Nov 10, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

TWO TENORS/SPECIAL FEATURE:
HOUSTON PERSON (B. NOV 10, 1934) / MARK TURNER (b. Nov 10, 1965)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Houston Person: Mean To Me, My Romance (HighNote)
Mark Turner: Alone And I, Ballad Session (Warner Brothers)

8:25pm
Ran Blake; featuring Houston Person: Vanguard, Suffield Gothic (Soul Note LP)
Charles Brown; featuring Houston Person: Do You Want Me?, Blues and Other Love Songs
 (32 Jazz)
Charles Earland; featuring Houston Person: Unforgettable, The Almighty Burner (32 Jazz)

8:45pm
Mark Turner; Jeff Ballard; Larry Grenadier: Stark, Fly (Savoy)
Billy Hart; featuring Mark Turner: Irah, Billy Hart Quartet (HighNote)
M.T.B.; Mehldau; Turner; Bernstein: Belief, Constenting Adults (Criss Cross)

9:08pm
Houston Person; Bill Charlap: Sweet Lorraine, You Taught My Heart How To Sing (HighNote)
Houston Person: Teardrops From My Eyes, Truth! (Prestige)
Ernie Andrews; featuring Houston Person: Girl Talk, Girl Talk (HighNote)
Houston Person: St. Thomas, Island Episode (Prestige)

9:32pm
Mark Turner: Tune Number One, Yam Yam (Criss Cross)
Robert Glasper; featuring Mark Turner: Riot, Canvas (Blue Note)
Aaron Goldberg; featuring Mark Turner: Fantasy in D, Turning Point (J Curve)

9:53pm
Houston Person: If You Could See Me Now, Social Call (HighNote)

10:06pm
Etta Jones; featuring Houston Person: Someone to Watch Over Me, Reverse The Charges (Muse)
Etta Jones: You've Changed, Etta Jones Sings Lady Day (HighNote)
Etta Jones: They Say It's Wonderful, Easy Living (HighNote)

10:24pm
Mark Turner: Days of Wine and Roses, In This World (Warner Brothers)
Mark Turner: Seven Points, Dharma Days (Warner Brothers)
Mark Turner: Magnolia Triangle, Mark Turner (Warner Brothers)

10:44pm
Ran Blake; featuring Houston Person: Indian Winter, Suffield Gothic (Soul Note LP)
Houston Person; Ron Carter: Dear Old Stockholm, Dialogues (HighNote)
Dakota Staton; featuring Houston Person: More Than You Know, Packet of Love Letters (HighNote)

11:06pm
Ryan Kisor; featuring Mark Turner: On The One, On The One (Columbia)
Jimmy Smith; featuring Mark Turner: This Here!, Damn! (Verve)
Jaleel Shaw; featuring Mark Turner: Grand Central, Perspective (Fresh Sounds NewTalent)

11:28pm
Houston Person: Dameron, Lost and Found (32 Jazz)
Richard "Groove" Holmes; featuring Houston Person: Hackensack, Groove's Groove (32 Jazz)
James Williams; featuring Houston Person: Gee, Baby Ain't I Good To You, Jazz Dialogues: Focus (Finas Music)

11:49pm
Houston Person: Skylark, In A Sentimental Mood (HighNote)
Mark Turner: Some Other Time, Ballad Session (Warner Brothers)

END