[JPL] Office Hours Tomorrow

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Tue Nov 14 19:20:47 EST 2006

Dear Promotions Royalty (OK, I stole that from Joel Dorn.....):

I will not be in my office tomorrow for my usual music calls.  I do plan to return next week to my usual call times - the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

My apologies for any adds that I had intended to get in this week or mentioned that I would get in - I was only able to add one CD this week (Wayne Wallace, who is on the faculty here at San Jose State University after all! - and it's also a terrific record - one of my favorite new releases!!).  As many of you know, if I commit to a new release, I give it a minimum of 8 weeks as a feature (available for the jocks to play), more (9-12 weeks) if I have it in Medium or Heavy Rotation.  So, this week we only had one CD that has been on the playlist the minimum 8 weeks, so I couldn't drop anything else, and therefore no room for new adds.  That is only being fair to the music that we have committed to, to give it a "fair shake" airplay-wise.

Talk to you next week, if not sooner.

Aloha,

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues, World Music)
and Faculty Advisor
KSJS-FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
Music Calls: Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
(408) 848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu