[JPL] Next Week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz (The World's Only 100% Modern Jazz Channel)

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 09:51:14 EST 2006

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (20-26 November 2006)
 This Monday, November 20th, we’ll present another edition of our special feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of one of the most popular and influential bands in modern jazz history, THE BRECKER BROTHERS! You’ll hear the music of Randy and Michael with the illustrious lineup that included, among others, David Sanborn, Steve Khan, George Duke , Will Lee, Don Grolnick, and Joe Beck. You’ll hear from their early in the heyday of the fusion era in the 1970’s to their cool, electric groove days of the Return of The Brecker Brothers phase of the 1990’s. Plus Randy and Michael will give us a look at their tremendous career in their own words. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It’s MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS featuring THE BRECKER BROTHERS on Beyond Jazz.
This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino ...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle plays some of her jazzy jamband faves like Garage A Trois, Galactic, Stanton Moore, Robert Walter, Mike Dillon and more!
 This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for LIVE MOJA FROM THE XM PERFORMANCE THEATRE on LIVE @ BJ'S ! Every Wednesday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll take you to our XM Performance Theare at the XM Mothership in Washington, DC to get just a taste of some of the Modern Jazz History that’s been made there since our launch in 2001.  We’re talking Al Di Meola, Derek Trucks Band, Galactic, Garage A Trois, Ron Blake, and who knows who else? A splendid time is guaranteed for all! It’s LIVE MOJA FROM THE XM PERFORMANCE THEATRE on this week’s addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!
 IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!
 Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, November 25th, we'll cast our MOJA spotlight on one of the most famous keyboardists in jazz history with a special presentation titled THE JOE ZAWINUL REPORT!  Join Russ Davis in our studios at Jazz @ Lincoln Center in New York, as he talks to the man from Austria who followed his musical dreams to America and worldwide jazz fame.  We’ll look back at the past a bit and also look forward to 2007 and his next release, “BROWN STREET” by THE JOE ZAWINUL BIG BAND. Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). THE JOE ZAWINUL REPORT …this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.
 Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email mes sages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.
 Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio