[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 11/17/06

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 16:24:39 EST 2006

Last day of classes before Thanksgiving Break, and we're all worn out around
here, students and faculty alike! But Loreena McKennitt certainly woke up
phone callers with an exceptionally fine world-music instrumental from her
latest CD. Other callers enjoyed jazz vibist Christian Tamburr, the
quasi-blues of the Lefty Jones Band, progressive rocker Aethellis,
singer-songwriter Chris Rosser (also with a world-music flavor), Aussie
jazzmen-gone-country Pat and Paul, mainstream rockers the Renegades, the
jump/swing of the NYC Blues Devils, and jazz singer Sue Tucker. Then the
phone callers went to sleep, but to me the best was saved for last - Hugh
Marsh's updating of Sun Ra's "Rocket No. 9". To the list:

HOUR #1:
Chrtistian Tamburr - French Connection - Arrivals

Tiffany Petrossi - The Actress - Caravan

Mike Delaney - Singer-Songwriter Consultant - 1-800-CONFESS

Lefty Jones Band - I Got a Band - Peace Bomb

Aethellis - Djibouti - Aethellis

Chris Rosser - Before the Locusts - Hidden Everywhere

Pat & Paul - Kind to Me - How Can I Begin?

Caroline Glass - Birds in the Basement - Caroline Glass & Friends

Ted Rosedale - Ice Cream Man #5 - Home

Renegades - Let It Roll - Runnin' Wild

George Christiansen/Anthony Benedetti - 3000 Miles - In Transit

NYC Blues Devils - Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (My Baby) - Hell, Yeah

HOUR #2:
Loreena McKennitt - Kecharitomene - An Ancient Muse

Sue Tucker - Just a Sittin' and a Rockin' - Back Home

Bog Wanderers - The Faery Reel/Pigeon on the Gate/The Cameronian - Making
Music Matter (various artists)

Sammie Roberts - Summertime - "My Voice": Living the Dream

George Shearing - What is This Thing Called Love - Live Jazz From Club 15

Kristine Alpert - Beautiful Child - Destination Unknown

Tattoo - Fats is the King - One More Time

Aynsley Lister - Soundman - Everything I Need

Jerry Leake - Woodwork - The Turning: Percussion Expansions

Jane Eamon - Black Wind Blowin' - Deep Water

Hugh Marsh - Rocket No. 9 - Hugmars

See you in two weeks!

--
Tom Bingham