[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday 11-17

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Nov 17 21:52:39 EST 2006

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE-FM archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please send cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday November 17, 2006

(Gershwin) Nice Work if You Can Get It / (Bernard, Black, Fisher)
Dardanella / (Burwell, Parish) Sweet Lorraine - The Complete Capitol
Recrdings of Art Tatum - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 21325 2 3

(Pious) The Lion and the Lamb / (Cook, Heywood) I'm Comin'
 Virginia / (Allen) Strange Fruit - The Lion Roars! - Willie the Lion
Smith - ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5272

(Prevert, Kosma) Autumn Leaves - Mary Lou Williams - 1952-1971 - Giants of
Jazz - CD 53180

(W. O'Connell) House of the Sun - Come Fly with Me - Dave Valentin - High
Note - HCD-7160

(Thelonious Monk) Straight No Chaser - Memories of T - Ben Riley Septet -
Concord Jazz - CCD-30095-2

(Thelonious Monk, John Hendricks) How I Wish (Ask Me Now) - Mercy - Ellen
Robinson - EMR Music - 002

(Rodgers and Hart) Dancing on the Ceiling - Sonny Stitt - Chess/MCA
Records - CHD-9317

(Carr, Kennedy) South of the Border - Latinsville - Victor Feldman -
Contemporary - CCD-9005-2

8:01 NPR News

(David Sills) Fontok - On the Fly - Liam Sillery - OA2 Records - 22030

(Roland Hanna) Enigma - You Must Believe in Spring - Frank Morgan with
Roland Hanna - Antilles - 314 512 570-2

(Duke Pearson) Jeanine - My Museum - Phil Kelly & the SW Santa Ana Winds -
Origin Records - 82468

(Woode, McRae, Bird) Broadway - Awake - Travis Shook - Full Gallop
Entertainment - DHR 2722

(George Braith) Hot Sauce - Blue John - John Patton - Blue Note - CDP 7
84143 2

(Mose Allison) Wild Man on the Loose / Everybody's Cryin' Mercy / Your
Molecular Structure - The Sage of Tippo - Mose Allison - 32Jazz - 32068

(Steve Turre) Reconciliation - Keep Searchin' - Steve Turre - High Note -
HCD 7159

9:01NPR News

(Lem Winchester) The Dude - Winchester Special - Lem Winchester - Prestige
- OJCCD-1719-2

(Traditional, arranged by Ruth Brown) Cabbage Head - A Good day for the
Blues - Ruth Brown - Bullseye Blues - 11661-9613-2

(Walter Donaldson, Gus kahn) Yes Sir, That's My Baby / (G. Cartiero, J.M.
Williams) Fine Brown Frame / (Webster, Burke) Black Coffee - Ruth Brown
with Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra - Capitol Records - CDP 0777 7 81200 2
5

(John Coltrane) Lonnie's Lament - Crescent - John Coltrane - Impulse -
IMPD-200

(Thelonious Monk) Blues Five Spot - Thelonious Monk Quartet - Riverside -
OJCCD-103-2

(Dixon, Young, Warren) You're My Everything - Bassics - Ray Brown -
Concord Jazz - CCD2 - 30077-2