[JPL] BUDDY GUY - New radio special

Andy Cahn cahnmedia at comcast.net
Mon Nov 20 12:10:26 EST 2006

I'm happy to announce a new one-hour Buddy Guy radio special now available
for broadcasts.

Can you please let me know your thoughts on running this special before the
end of December?  It could also work for you in February for Black History
Month.  Please also let me know if you want a copy of this show on CD.

This show is available for all US radio stations, and is entirely different
from the program that was only available for PRI affiliates earlier this
year.  More details are listed below.

You can also find more details on the show and Buddy Guy's new box set
online at http://cahnmedia.blogspot.com.

Thanks,

Andy Cahn
Cahn Media
cahnmedia at comcast.net
215-279-7632

---------------------------

BUDDY GUY: CAN'T QUIT THE BLUES

Brand new one-hour music intensive radio special available for broadcast on
all US-based stations!

One-hour music intensive radio special features legendary bluesman Buddy Guy
in his own words and music.  Buddy Guy's own comments come from an exclusive
interview session, and include many recollections and insights that will
heard on your station for the first time.  Hosted by journalist Anthony
DeCurtis, this program also features 15 classic tracks from throughout Guy's
career.

Buddy Guy tells his own story, looking back on his life and career as only
he can.  He begins the story with his poor, sharecropping roots in
Lettsworth, LA, and guides up through all his stops along the way to the
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - the first time he met the blues on a John Lee
Hooker record, the birth of his trademark guitar style while regularly
jamming for customers at a gas station, his explosion on the Chicago blues
scene, his influence on many of rock's great guitarists (Clapton, Hendrix,
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rolling Stones, John Mayer and many more), and much more.

Throughout "Can't Quit the Blues," Buddy Guy opens up and reveals himself as
a man with a soul as great as his musical skills.  He is extremely grateful
to all those who helped him along the way, and always happy to share his
knowledge with those inspired by him.   At 70 years-old, he continues to
live a great life, always thankful of how he came to be one of the world's
great blues guitarists.

"If I had my life to live over," he says, "I would come back the same road
that I came and pick up the acoustic guitar and hope to make somebody happy
and smile."

Host: Anthony DeCurtis (Rolling Stone)
Producer: Joyride Media (Paul Chuffo, Joshua Jackson)
Length: 59 minutes with two breaks for local spots
Broadcast Window:  Begins November 2006
Terms: Available to all US-based radio broadcasters at no cost
Promotion: 0:30 promo spot included on CD
Contact: Andy Cahn, cahnmedia at comcast.net, 215-279-7632
PRX: http://prx.org/pieces/15190