[JPL] In Chicago for the Holiday???... Burns - Zimmer - Parker

Kathryn Smith katesmith999 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 14:01:31 EST 2006

Hello everyone!  I have a few upcoming performances in the coming week that I’d like to let you know about.  I also have a new website, www.scottburnsjazz.com, where you can listen to and purchase my CD, see upcoming shows, etc.  You can also check out my Myspace page at www.myspace.com/scottburnsjazz.     Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!    -Scott

  Appearing Monday(s) November 20th and November 27th from 9pm to 1am at
   the Green Mill
  4802 N Broadway   (773) 878-5552

  The Jeff Parker Quartet
  w/ Scott Burns – saxophone
  Jeff Parker – guitar
  Dennis Carroll – bass (on 11/20)
  Pete Benson – organ (on 11/27)
  George Fludas – drums

  Appearing Friday November 24th from 10:00pm-1:00am at
  Katerina’s
  1920 W Irving Park Road   (773) 348-7592

  The Pete Zimmer Group
  w/ Pete Zimmer – drums (from NYC)
  Scott Burns – sax
  Clark Sommers – bass
  Pete Benson – piano

  Pete Zimmer is a former Northern Illinois U student now living in NYC, and he has a few records out that sound great!  Notably, Joel Frahm is on tenor, one of my faves!  Visit www.petezimmer.com for more details.  Pete and I will be doing a live on-air interview at WBEZ studios with Dan Bindert this Thursday, November 23rd (Thanksgiving) sometime between 9 and 10 pm.  We’ll be plugging our respective records and the gig on Friday.  If you’re not already asleep from all that turkey, tune in to 91.5 FM!

  Thanks for supporting live jazz in Chicago!

                      KATE SMITH PROMOTIONS of CHICAGO

1413 Dobson Street, Suite 100
  Evanston IL 60202-4810
    katesmith999 at yahoo.com