[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 11/24/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Mon Nov 27 00:40:39 EST 2006

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, Nov 24, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURES:
RAY DRUMMOND (b. 11/23/1946)
ANITA O'DAY (d. 11/23/2006)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Keith Jarrett: Time on My Hands, The Carnegie Hall Concert (ECM)
Edward Simon: The Messenger, Unicity (CAM Jazz)
John Hicks: Sunset Blues, Sweet Love of Mine (HighNote)

8:27pm
John Hicks; Ray Drummond: I'll Be Around, Two of A Kind (Theresa)
Ray Drummond: Susanita, Excursion (Arabesque)
Tom Harrell; featuring Ray Drummond: Sail Away, Sail Away (Contemporary)

8:50pm
Anita O'Day: A Nightengale Sang in Berkeley Square; I Can't Get Started;
Honeysuckle Rose, Anita (Anita O'Day: Jazz Round Midnight) (Verve)
Sonny Rollins: Stairway to The Stars, Sonny, Please (Doxy )

9:10pm
Joe Lovano; @ Regatta Bar, Cambridge, Ma 11/28/2006: I'm All For You, Live
at Sanders Theater, Cambridge, MA (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Stan Getz; featuring Ray Drummond: People Time, Yours And Mine (Concord)

9:25pm
Ray Drummond: I-95, Vignettes (Arabesque)
Ray Drummond; Hank Jones; Billy Higgins: The Essence, DMP Records
Steve Nelson; featuring Ray Drummond: Beautiful Love,
Full Nelson (Sunnyside)

9:49pm
Anita O'Day; Gene Krupa; Roy Eldridge: Let Me Off Uptown,
Little Jazz (Verve)
Anita O'Day: What Is This Thing Called Love; How High The Moon, Ool-Ya-Koo:
The Bebop Vocalists (Indigo)
Anita O'Day: Lover, Rodgers and Hart Songbook (Ver)

10:06pm
Stefon Harris: Single Petal of A Rose, African Tarentella (Blue Note)
Scott Hamilton: Chelsea Bridge, Nocturnes & Serenades (Concord)
Delfeayo Marsalis: Just Squeeze Me, Minions Dominions (Troubadour Music)

10:29pm
Ray Drummond: The Intimacy of The Blues, Continuum (Arabesque)
James Williams; featuring Ray Drummond: For My Nephews,
Jazz Dialogues: Focus (Finas Music)
Grachan Moncur III Octet; featuring Ray Drummond: When?,
Exploration (Capri Records)

10:52pm
Anita O'Day: I Didn't Know What Time It Was, We'll Have Manhatten (Verve)
Anita O'Day: Who Cares, Great American Songwriters (Verve)
Anita O'Day: As Long As I Live, That Old Black Magic (Verve)
Bob Brookmeyer: New Love, Spirit Music (ArtistShare)

11:14pm
Pete Zimmer: The Mingus That I Knew, Judgement (Tippin' Records)
Charles Mingus: Orange Was the Color of Her Dress,
Mingus Plays Piano (Impulse)
Mingus Big Band: Celia, Live in Tokyo (Sunnyside)

11:36am
The Drummonds; featuring Ray Drummond: You and The Night and The Music,
Pas de Trois (True Life)
John Hicks; Ray Drummond: For Heaven's Sake, Two of A Kind (Theresa)

11:50pm
Anita O'Day: Angel Eyes; We'll Be Together Again; Travlin' Light,
Jazz 'Round Midnight (Verve)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.