[JPL] Charles-Basie update- Beatles sidebar

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Nov 27 15:29:00 EST 2006

I was one of those who had trepidations about accepting the technological
collaboration of Brotha Ray and Cap'n Bill. I must admit the project is a
fine piece of music and both on our on-air hosts and more importantly our
listeners have enjoyed the music, so much that I made the project the
November CD of the M0nth Club selection.

Now, I read where George Martin and his son have produced a new Beatles
recording by piecing together segments to create new songs actually played
by the Fab Four. Details are sketchy, can anyone elaborate on what this
project is all about?, none of the websites or reviews that I have found go
into much details. I realize this is a bit off-topic but knowing what has
been done to The Beatles will affect jazz sooner or later.

Thanks in advance
Arturo