[JPL] Beatles sidebar

OntheBeach at aol.com OntheBeach at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 16:31:54 EST 2006

About LOVE album
After being asked by the remaining  Beatles, Ringo and Paul, along with Yoko
Ono Lennon and Olivia  Harrison, to make experimental mixes from their master
tapes for a collaboration  with Cirque du Soleil, Sir George Martin, The
Beatles legendary  producer, and his son Giles Martin have been working with the
entire archive of  Beatles recordings to create LOVE. The result is an
unprecedented  approach to the music. Using the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios, Sir
George  and Giles have created a unique soundscape. The release of this
album, which is  also featured in the Cirque du Soleil/Beatles collaborative
production  of the same name at The Mirage in Las Vegas, has been much anticipated.
"This album puts the Beatles back together again, because suddenly  there's
John and George with me and Ringo," said Paul  McCartney. "It's kind of
magical."
"George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks. It's really
powerful for me and I even heard things I'd forgotten we'd recorded." commented
 Ringo Starr.
"The album has the feeling of love and that's why the title is  Beatles
LOVE," added Yoko Ono Lennon, "They have let  everything that is beautiful and
daring come out."
"The music is stunning. I think the most amazing thing about it is that you
can pull it apart and all the elements carry with it the essence of the entire
 song," said Olivia Harrison.
fyi--the CD just came out--its amazing sounding and is a fully authorized
project utilizing the original producer/mastermind, Sir George Martin plus his
son. samples should be up on amazon etc.  you can hear samples @  beatles.com
but they ask for a lot of information.
-ricky schultz