[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Mon 11-27

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Nov 27 21:51:33 EST 2006

Hello and Happy Post Thanksgiving food digesting. Here's tonight's
playlist from WCVE. Archived at ideastations.org/radio. I plyed 45 minutes
of Anita O'Day tonight, anyway please direct cd's for airplay
consideration to hte address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday November 27, 2006

(Evans, Bostick) Let Me off Uptown / (Bauer, Vernier) Kick It / (Mercer,
Carmichael) Skylark - Uptown - Roy Eldridge with the Gene Krupa Orchestra
Featuring Anita O'Day - Columbia - CK 45448

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love / I Told Ya I Love Ya Now get
out / How High the Moon - I   Told Ya I Love Ya Now Get out - Signature -
AK 39418

(Dominguez, Charles, Russell) Frenesi / (Green, Heyman, Sour Eyton) Body
and Soul / (Mary Lou Williams, J. Lawrence, P. Webster) What's Your Story,
Morning Glory - Anita O'Day Sings the Winners - Verve - 837 939-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) S'wonderful / They Can't Take That away from Me
/ (Lane, Harburg) Old Devil Moon / (Donaldson, Kahn) Love Me or Leave Me /
(Rodgers and Hart) Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered - Anita Sings the
Most - Anita O'Day and Oscar Peterson - Verve - 829 577-2

(Ray Brown) Gumbo Hump - Bassics - Ray Brown trio - Concord Jazz -
CCD2-30077

(Gillespie, Fuller, Gonzales) Manteca - New Bottle Old Wine - Gil Evans -
Pacific Jazz - CDP 7 46855 2

8:01 NPR News

(A. Solis)  Tu Panuelo - Come Fly with Me - Dave Valentin - High Note -
HCD 7160

(Paul Carlon) Rumbatapestry - Other Tongues - Paul Carlon Octet - Deep
Tone Records - DT 001

(Proznick) Must Be Rain - Foundations - Jodi Proznick - Cellar Live - CLO
70406

(Herbie Hancock) Survival of the Fittest - Maiden Voyage - Herbie Hancock
- Blue Note - CDP 7 46339 2

(Curtis Lundy) Hold It down - Sweet Love of  Mine - John Hicks - High Note
- HCD 7142

(Ellington, Gaines) Just Squeeze Me - Duke with a Difference - Clark terry
- Riverside - OJCCD-229-2

(Mingus) Boogie Stop Shuffle / Bird Calls - Mingus Ah Um - Charles Mingus
- Columbia - CK 40648

(Mingus) Put Me in That Dungeon - Mingus Dynasty - Charles Mingus -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 52922
9:01 NPR News

(Gillespie, Daniels) Cherry / (Mulligan) Motel / (Smith) Carson City Stage
- The Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet with Chet Baker - Mosaic - 102-Disc
1

(Haymes, Clarke) They Say It's Spring - Ruth Price with Selly Manne & His
Men at the Manne Hole - Contemporary - OJCCD-1770-2

(Gordon, Warren) Run Little Raindrop Run - Ruth Price Sings with the
Johnny Smith Quartet - Fresh Sound - FSR-CD 36

(Sonny Rollins) Striver's Row - A Night at the Village Vanguard - Sonny
Rollins - Blue Note - 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Robin, Rainger) Easy Living - Hampton Hawes Trio, Volume 1 - Contemporary
- OJCCD-316-2

(Liam Sillery) Neptune - On the Fly - Liam Sillery - OA2 Records - 22030

(Mal Waldron) The Real McCoy - Blue Trane: John Coltrane - Prestige -
PRCD-11005-2

(Moacir Santos & Ney Lopes) Luanne - Renewed Impressions - Vittor santos -
Adventure Music -1031 2

(Neal Miner) The Evening Sound - The Evening Sound - Neal Miner - Smalls
records - SRCD-0017