[JPL] 'Before the Music Dies' Diagnoses an Ailing Industry

OntheBeach at aol.com OntheBeach at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 14:10:06 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/26/2006  rick at jazzrockworld.com writes:

The  really sad part is that there's probably a lot of people that think this
is  an analysis, when in fact it's an autopsy.

"The record companies are gone - it's time to make our own rules" -  Jazz
Rock World

Rick Calic
www.jazzrockworld.com

--->Sadder still is when people make uninformed statements like the  above.
As Mark twain once said "The  reports of my death have been greatly
exaggerated. "
THE RECORD COMPANIES AND THE RECORDING INDUSTRY ARE NOT  DEAD NOR ARE THEY
DYING.  THEY ARE GOING THROUGH A PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT IN  THE MIDST OF AN
INFORMATION  AND ENTERTAINMENT REVOLUTION.

MUSIC IS MORE POPULAR THAN AT ANY TIME IN HISTORY AND IS ONLY BECOMING MORE
UBIQUITOUS. RECORD COMPANIES AND THE RECORDING INDUSTRY ARE REINVENTING
THEMSELVES.

AS THAT GREAT RECORD MAN CHAS DARWIN ONCE SAID "THE STRONGEST OF THE  SPECIES
WILL SURVIVE" [OKAY WELL MAYBE THE SMARTEST, MOST INVENTIVE MOST ABLE TO
CHANGE WITH THE TIMES]
-ricky schultz