[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Tue 11-28

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Nov 28 21:50:49 EST 2006

Today I bought a new car. Of course that has little to do with tonight's
jazz playlist from WCVE-FM. Playlists are archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideation to the
address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday November 28, 2006

(Kaper, Washington) On Green Dolphin Street - Way out East - Steve
Grossman - Red Recoeds - 123176-2

(John Lewis) Capri - The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson - Blue Note - CDP 7 81505
2

(Reed Kotler) Long Enough - I'll Always Know - Tomo - Torii records

(Jule Styne, Sammy Cahn) It's You or No One - Lee Konitz Live at the Half
Note - Verve - 314 521 659-2

(D. Barry) Encontro Das Aguas - In Progress - The Jim Cutler Orchestra -
Pony Boy records - 50152-2

(Art Blakey) Abdallah's Delight - Orgy in Rhythm Volumes 1 & 2 - Blue Noe
- CDP 7243 8 56586 2 4

(Herbert Martin, Michael Leanord) I'm All Smiles - Clear out of This World
- Helen Merrill - Antilles / Gitanes Jazz - 314 512 654-2

(Amina Figarova) Mr. T.M. - Come Escape with Me - Amina Figarova - Munich
records - BMCD 465

8:01 NPR News

(Duke Ellington) Oclupaca / Chico Cuadradino / Eque - Latin American Suite
- Duke Ellington Orchestra - Fantasy - OJCCD-469-2

(Ann Ronnell) Willow Weep for Me - Ella and Louis Again - Louis Armstrong
- Verve - 440 065 390-2
 (Phil Woods) Ole Dude - All Bird's Children - Phil Woods Quintet -
Concord - CCD-4441

Try Again / Chapel Blues / Bear Cat Crawl - Boogie Woogie Stomp - Delmark
- DD-705

(Charlie Shavers) Opus 5 - The John Kirby Sextet: Complete Columbia & RCA
Victor Recordings - Definitive records - DRCD 11168

(Fletcher Henderson) Roseland Shuffle - Count Basie: the Complete Decca
Recordings - Decca Jazz - GRD-3-61

(Heyman, Green) You're Mine, You - Cookin' at the Continental - James Clay
- Antilles - 314-510-724-2

(Scott Whitfield) Postage Due - The Scott Whitfield Quintet Live at
Charlie O's - Summit records - DCD 460

9:01 NPR News

(Ray Brown) Mistreated But Undefeated Blues - Bassics: the Best of the Ray
Brown Trio 1977-2000 - Ray Brown with gene Harris and Red Holloway -
Concord Jazz - CCD2-30077-2

(Lee Morgan) Totem Pole - The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP 7
841457 2

(Ahmad Jamal) New Rhumba / (Worth, Troupe) The Meaning of the Blues /
(Spina, Elliott)  I Don't Wanna be Kissed by Anyone But You - Miles Ahead
- Miles Davis with Gil Evans Orchestra - Columbia/Legacy - CK 53225

(Thelonious Monk) Crepuscule with Nellie - Thelonious Monk with John
Coltrane at Carnegie Hall - Blue Note - 0946 3 35173 2 5

(Adamson, McHugh) Where Are You? - A Man Ain't Supposed to Cry - Joe
Williams - Label M - 5705

(Harline, Washington) Give a Little Whistle - Jazz at the College of the
Pacific Volume 2 - Dave Brubeck Quartet - Fantasy - OJCCD-1076-2

(Sonny Clark) Voodoo - Leapin' and Lopin' - Sonny Clark - Blue Note - CDP
7 84091 2