[JPL] Playlist: WCVE Richmond VA Thur 11-30

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Nov 30 21:49:35 EST 2006

Tonight's playlist from 88.9 FM WCVE Richmond. Playlists posted online at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks!

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist November 30, 2006

(Dave Burns, James Moody) Moody Speaks - The Dizzy Gillespie Story - Savoy
Jazz - SVY 17219

(Vincent youmans, Edward Eliscu, Gu Kahn) Carioca - Hampton Hawes Trio
-Contemporary - OJCCD-316-2

(Julian Priester) Juliano - Alone Together - Max Roach - Verve - 314 526
373-2

(Charlie Parker) Chasin' the Bird - Bass on Top - Paul Chambers - Blue
Note - CDP 7 46533 2

(Kenny Drew) Contour / (Vernon Duke) What Is There to Say?/ (Walter
Norris) Guatemala - Jack Sheldon: the Quartet & the Quintet - Pacific Jazz
- CDP 7243 4 93160 2 7

(Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) Blues in the Night / (Sy Oliver) Opus One /
(Ira Gershwin, Vernon Duke) I Can't Get Started - On My Own - Jack Sheldon
- Concord - CCD-4529

(Tina Brooks) Dhyanna - The Waiting Game - Tina Brooks - Blue Note - 7243
5 40536 2 7

8:01 NPR News

(Ellington, Mills, Kurtz) In a Sentimental Mood - Above the Clouds - Dave
Glasser - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19337

(Jim Hall) Furnished Flats - Hallmarks: the Best of Jim Hall - Concord -
CCD2-30076-2

(John McLaughlin, L. Shankar) Joy - Shakti, with John McLaughlin -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 46868

(John Hicks) Sunset Blues - Sweet Love of Mine - John Hicks - High Note -
HCD 7142

(Rodgers and Hart) I Didn't know What Time It Was - Ultimate Lester Young
- Verve - 314 539 772-2

(Reinhardt, Grappelly) Hungaria - Django Reinhardt Volume Three - JSP - CD
343

9:01 NPR News

(Irving Kahal, Sammy Fain) If You Can't Hold the Man You Love (Don't Cry
When He's Gone) / (Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields, Dan Healy) Harlem River
Quiver / (Al Sherman, Al Lewis, Con Conrad) Nine Little Miles from
Ten-Ten-Tennessee - The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition - RCA-Victor -
09026-63386-2

(Arlen, Mercer) Come Rain or Come Shine - Resonance - Joe Pass - Pablo -
PACD-2310-968-2

(Bud powell) Tempus Fugit - Toshiko Akiyoshi at Maybeck - Concord Jazz -
CCD-4625

(Mal Waldron) Blue Jelly - After Hours - Thad Jones / Kenny Burrell /
Frank Wess - Prestige - OJCCD-1782-2

(Cole Porter) I Love You - Serenity - Stan Getz - Emarcy - 838 770-2

(Randy Weston) Ruby, My Dear  - Portraits of Thelonious Monk - Randy
Weston -Verve - 841 313-2