[JPL] Straight No Chaser (WSHA-FM - wshafm.org) 11-29-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:52:22 EST 2006

8pm
NPR snooze

New Release*

8:06pm
Mary LaRose w/Marc Ribot, Steve Bernstein, We've been working on the
railroad (The blue guitar)*
Brian Lynch, The Palmieri Effect (simpatico)*
Jimmy Bosch, Impacto Tendremos (Salsa Dura)
Jane Bunnett, No Money, No Chica (Radio Guantanamo)*
Sonny Rollins, title cut (Sonny, Please)*
Herculaneum, Bears of Illium (Orange Blossom)*
Flat Earth Society, title cut (Psychoscout)*
Ornette Coleman, Matador (Sound Grammar)*
John Hicks, I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry (Sweet Love of Mine)*

9pm
Scott Hamilton, You Go To My Head (nocturnes & serenades)*
Chet Baker, Polka Dots and Moonbeams (Chet Baker in New York)
Billy Hart, Charvez (Quartet)*
Andrew Hill, Roots 'N' Herbs (Pax)
Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orch., Beatrice (Inspiration)
Rene Marie, Don't Look At Me Like That (vertigo)
Russ Kassoff, The Best Thing For You (Somewhere)*
Deep Blue Organ Trio, Can't Hide Love (Goin' to Town - Live at the Green
Mill)*

10pm
Elmer Gibson, Pee Wee's Blues (The Reach of Memory)*
Louis Hayes & the Cannonball Legacy Band, New Delhi (Maximum Firepower)*
Brad Mehldau, Bealtine (House on Hill)*
Pete Robbins, Amadelia (Waits & Measures)
Kenny Garrett, title cut (Beyond the Wall)*
Delfeayo Marsalis, title cut (Minions Dominions)*
Keith Jarrett, Paint My Heart Red/True Blues (The Carnegie Hall Concert)*

11pm
Rez Abbasi, Mid-Life (Bazaar)*
Odean Pope Trio, Terrestrial (ninety-six)
Philippe Baden-Powell, On The Edge of the Lake (Dirt Road)*
John McNeil, Waltz Helios (East Coast Cool)
Lynne Arriale Trio, Seven Steps to Heaven (Live)*
Miles Davis, I Thought About You (The Complete live at the Plugged Nickel
1965)
Horace Tapscott w/John Carter, Sketches of Drunken Mary (The Dark Tree 1 &
2)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607