[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 11-26-06

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:07:41 EST 2006

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Nov. 26, 2006
4-7 pm.

R.I.P Betty Comden
1) Sarah Vaughan-Just In Time (Sarah Plus Two)
2) Monica Zetterlund w/Bill Evans-Big Time (Waltz For Debbie)
3) Mabel Mercer-Lucky To Be Me (Midnight At Mabel Mercer's)
4) Blossom Dearie-The Party's Over (Blossom Dearie Sings Comden & Green)
5) Tony Bennett & Bill Evans-Make Someone Happy (Together Again)
6) Tony Bennett & Bill Evans-Some Other Time (The Tony Bennett/Bill Evans
Album)

7) Romero Lubambo-Ingenuo (Softly)
8) David Braid-Giant Steps (Zhen)
9) Freddie Hubbard-Body & Soul (Here To Stay)
10) Dan Willis-I'm Not The Reverend (Velvet Gentlemen)

R.I.P Anita O'Day
11) Anita O'Day w/Gene Krupa-Let Me Off Uptown
12) Anita O'Day w/Gene Krupa-Skylark
13) Anita O'Day w/Gene Krupa-That's What You Think
14) Anita O'Day w/Stan Kenton-And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine
15) Anita O'Day w/Stan Kenton-I'm Gong Mad For A Pad
16) Anita O'Day w/Sy Oliver-What Is This Thing Called Love
17) Anita O'Day w/Jimmy Giuffre-My Heart Belongs To Daddy
18) Anita O'Day w/Russ Garcia-That Old Feeling
19) Anita O'Day w/Gary McFarland-Boogie Blues
20) Anita O'Day w/Tal Farlow-From This Moment On
21) Anita O'Day w/Roy Kral-No Soap, No Hope Blues
22) Anita O'Day w/Oscar Peterson-S'Wonderful/They Can't Take That Away From
Me
23) Anita O'Day w/Billy May-Johnny One Note
24) Anita O'Day w/Bill Holman-Old Devil Moon
25) Anita O'Day w/Cal Tjader-Thanks For The Memory
26) Anita O'Day-The Way You Look Tonight
27) Anita O'Day w/Buddy Bregman-A Nightingale Sang In Barclay Square
28) Anita O'Day-It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing

R.I.P. Walter Booker Jr.
29) Walter Booker w/Donald Byrd-Book's Bossa (Slow Drag)
30) Walter Booker w/JFK Quintet-Hominy Grits (New Jazz Frontiers From
Washington)
31) Walter Booker w/Cannonball Adderley-Country Preacher (Greatest Hits)
32) Walter Booker w/Sonny Rollins-Alfie's Theme (Alfie)

33) Kazutoki Umezu-The Star of the County Down (Show The Frog)
34) Satoko Fujii Four-When We Were There)
35) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com