[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 10-01-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 05:58:00 EDT 2006

New Release*

1am
Naked City, Inside Straight (Live, Vol. 1)
Electric Masada, hadasha,
Michele Rosewoman & Quintessence, Life Is for Learning (The In Side Out)*
Tarika, Sonegaly (10 Anniv.)
Dr. Lonnie Smith, Witch Doctor (Jungle Soul)*
John Lurie, Wanna Wanna (The Legendary Marvin Pontiac)
Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, Soul Makossa (Year of the Snake)
Club d'Elf, And Shadow Saw The Gods (Now I Understand)*
Galactic, Paint (ruckus)

2am
Grismore/scea group, Baghdad (well behaved fish)*
Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble, Mean Ameen (Live at the Velvet
Lounge)*
Branford Marsalis, Solitude (Braggtown)*
Ornette Coleman, Peace (The Shape of Jazz to Come)
William Parker, Codex (Long Hidden: The Olmec Series)*
Donald Harrison, title cut (The Survivor)*
Barbara Sfraga, Be There (Timelessness Frozen in Time)*

3am
Clifford Brown, I Get A Kick Out Of You (The Ultimate...)
Don Byron, "Leopold, Leopold..." (Ivey Divey)
Mark Masters Ensemble, Monk's Sphere (Wish Me Well)*
Steve Kuhn & Gary McFarland, St. Tropez Shuffle (The October Suite)
Mark Masters, Tree Tops (Wish Me Well)*
Dave Glasser, title cut (Above the Clouds)*
Flat Earth Society, Hilton's Heaven (Psychoscout)*
Roger Davidson, La Gloria Eres Tu (Pensando en ti)*
The Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project, The Palmieri Effect (simpatico)

4am
Amadou & Mariam, Coulibaly (Dimanche A Bamako)*
Emmanuel Jal & Abdel Gadir Salim, Nyambol (Ceasefire)
Alvin Batiste, Kinshasa (Late)
Radio Tarifa, Oye China (Rhumba Argelina)
Diego Urcola, Tango Azul (Viva)*
Antonio Restucci, title cut (crisol)*
Sean Jones, Conversations (Roots)*
The Onus, the snake (triphony)
Gaby Kerpel, Xplicando
Savage Knights, Night Walker (Solo Basura)*

5am
Henry Threadgill, Try Some Ammonia (Too Much Sugar For A Dime)
Michele Rosewoman, Advance Dance (The In Side Out)*
Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Summer Pudding (Husky)*
Club d'Elf, Vishnu Dub (Now I Understand)*
Ely Guerra, Tengo Frio (Lotofire)
Portishead, Wandering Star (Dummy)
Jason Kao Hwang, Parallel Meditations (Edge)*
Sun Ra,  Somewhere Else, pt. 2

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607