[JPL] Ray & Basie

Ron Gill ron_gill at verizon.net
Sun Oct 1 17:57:51 EDT 2006

I attempted to send an email about a blues cut I heard from the Ray/Basie CD, and it is unable to be delivered. However, my comment at the time was that I liked it and started to think about our discussions here about it and my comments as well. Since then I saw a TV ad, so it's getting the full treatment. Have any of the jazz mags picked up the discussion?
I'm not sure if I agree with such things, but, I assume we will see more of it with the way technology is nowadays. Not attempting to drag the discussion out again but just thought I'd mention it.
Now...would I play it? Guess I would. It really sounds great and the host who played it prefaced it with the comment that it was controversial. Guess I'd do the same.
Ron Gill
Jazz Gallery
WGBH 89.7 FM
Boston, MA