[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Oct. 1, 2006

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 20:28:38 EDT 2006

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 5-7 pm.

Spotlight on the upcoming Duke Ellington Jazz Festival

1) Paquito d'Rivera-I Remember Diz (A Night In Englewood)
2) Roy Haynes-My Heart Belongs To Daddy (Whereas)
3) Wallace Roney-Don't Blame Me (The Standard Bearer)
4) Mike Stern-Who Let The Cats Out? (Who Let The Cats Out?)
5) Michael Phillip Mossman-Guardian of the Crossroads (The Orisha Suite)
6) Poncho Sanchez-One Mint Julip (Out of Sight!)
7) Dr. John-Blue Monk (That's The Way I Feel Now)
8) Diego Urcola-Blues For Astor (Soundances)
-----------------------
9) Luciana Souza-I Will Come Back (Neruda)
10) Luciana Souza-Chega de Saudade (North and South)
11) Luciana Souza-Pra Que Desutir com Madame (Brazilian Duos )
12) Luciana Souza-Modinha (Duos II)
13) Luciana Souza-Argument (The Poems of Elizabeth Bishop)
------------------------
14) Aladar Pege-Elvesztettem Paromat (Winter Rose)
15) Gabor Winand-Milonga (Opera Budapest)
16) Kalman Olah/Kristof Bacso/Sebastien Boisseau-Dark Forest (Fitting)
17) Mark Feldman-Father Demo Square (What Exit)
18) Ornette Coleman-Jordan (Sound Grammer)
19) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com