[JPL] Revisiting Ray's art with a Basie-less band

TradeSecrets/Mancuso's TradeSecrets at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 12:09:48 EDT 2006

Honestly, I don't think the liner notes make it clear enough what this
project really is.

Looking at the engineering credits, one could assume, incorrectly, that they
simply left off the date of the original session and listed only a
re-issue/re-mastering.  My copy came with no release sheet.  I read over all
the text on the CD several times to believe that they had done what I
suspected they had done.

Some of the technology tricks used in recordings and re-mastering are so
arcane and the liners notes unclear, heavily populated with the acronyms of
alphabet soup of everything utilized in the production, that it is very easy
for consumers or programmers to skip over the details.

I think this is a prime example of 'just because you can do it doesn't mean
it's a great idea'.

Two cents from an audiophile for reality and accuracy!

Jan

Janice Mancuso,
Trade Secrets/KMHD
503-231-5384 office