[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Tue 10-03

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Oct 3 21:51:53 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's playlist from WCVE Richmond, archived at
idestations.org/radio. please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the
address below.

Thanks,

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday October 3, 2006

(George Benson) Rock a Bye - The New Guitar of George Benson - Prestige -
OJCCD-461-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Oh Lady be Good - The Complete Pacific Jazz and
Capitol Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette
with Chet Baker - Mosaic - 102 Disc 3

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We're in Love - Ella: The
legendary Decca Recordings - Ella Fitzgerald with Ellis Larkins - Decca -
GRD-4-648

(Jerome kern, Oscar Hammerstein III) The Song Is You - Bird's Best Bop on
Verve - Charlie Parker - Verve - 314 527 452-2

(Lee Morgan) Carolyn - No Room for Squares - Hank Mobley - Blue Note - CDP
7 84149 2

(Charles Lloyd) Sweet Georgia Bright - Louis Hayes and the Cannonball
Legacy Band - Savant - SCD 2078

(Dave Holland) Secret Garden - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - Sunnyside -
SSC 3058

(Thelonious Monk) Jackieing - Thelonious Monk in Italy - Riverside -
OJCCD-488-2

(Anthony Wilson) Amalgamation - Power of Nine - Anthony Wilson - Groove
Note - GRV-1035-2

(Frank Rosolino) Blue Daniel - Scott Whitfield Quintet Live at Charlie O's
- Summit Records - DCD 460

8:01 NPR News

(Waller, Alex Hil) I'm Crazy 'bout My Baby / (Waller, Razaf) Patti Cake,
Patti Cake / (Waller, Kirkeby) Cash for Your Trash - Fats Waller -
Bluebird - 82876 83267 2

(Malneck, Signorelli, Kahn) I'll never Be the Same - Meditation - Joe Pass
- Pablo - PACD-2310-974-2

(Bauza, Sampson, Woodlan) Mambo Inn - Heart Beat - Robert Jospe - Random
Chance - RCD-28

(Edward Simon) Pathless Path - Unicity - Edward Simon - Camjazz - CAM 5019

(John Coltrane) Africa - Africa/Brass - John Coltrane - Impulse -
MCAD-42001

9:01 NPR News

(Brian Lynch) Jazz Impromptu - Simpatico - Brian Lynch and Eddie Palmieri
- Artist Share - AS 0057

(Autry, De Wolf) Mark Anthony Speaks - Do the Boomerang: the Music of
Junior Walker - Don Byron - Blue Note - 0946 3 41092 2 0

(Duke Ellington, Bob Russell) Do Nothing till You Hear from me - Before Me
- Gldys Knight - Verve - B0006225-02

(Walter Davis Jr.) Sweet Cakes - New Soil - Jackie McLean - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84013 2

(Ernie Wilkins) A Moment's Notice - From A to Z - Al Cohn and Zoot Sims -
RCA Victor - 74321 47790-2

(Ellington) Rockabye River / Suddenly It Jumped / (Ellington, Anderson)
Gathering in a Clearing - The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition: the
Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1927-1973) - 09026-63386-2

(Rodgers and Hart) It Never Entered My Mind - Song Spirit - Sathima Bea
Benjamin - Ekapa Records - S.A. 003

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine - Stan Getz and JJ Johnson at the
Opera House - Verve - 831 272-2

(C. MacGregor, J. Mercer) Moon Dreams - The Complete Birth of the Cool -
Miles Davis - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 94550 2 3