[JPL] Ray/Basie Band

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Oct 4 20:59:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/4/2006 8:33:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaejazz at yahoo.com writes:
<<..

These  are some of the potential problems in putting together a project like
this -  like matching the time and pitches but the technology today is
amazing. You  can change pitches...speed up or slow down the piece without changing
the  pitch and a kzillion other things which I'm sure they used a lot of to
make it  work. I would bet they left some of that in there to make it sound more
"human." I honestly believe that if we didn't know how this was put together
most would never have a clue. Great job..>>

As Nate Chinen quotes William Safire (thanks to Ron Durfee for posting it):
"...a series of artistic frauds." Great job, indeed.

Ed