[JPL] Taylor & Henry, Roberta & Slide

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Fri Oct 6 17:35:07 EDT 2006

Jazz continues to flourish throughout Denver with the established clubs
doing better than ever and new rooms popping up all over, most festivals
report attendance is up and Colorado labels keep releasing local and major
artist albums of quality with a few making the Jazz Week charts. The past 30
days has been a virtual never ending array of wonderful concerts as well as
steady stream of visitors to jazz89KUVO. Last week Roberta Gambarini and
Slide Hampton were interviewed by us in conjunction with their solo
performances at Dazzle and then their appearance as part of the Dizzy
All-Star Alum Band.

On Wednesday and today Friday our Bösendorfer piano which 14 months after
being delivered is finally breaking in, was played by Taylor Eigtsi and
Henry Butler who marveled at the sound of the "broken in" Bösendorfer as he
had played it last year when we first received it. Yesterday, former Carmen
McRae accompanist, Eric Gunnison radiated the 88's while backing up local
blues legend, James Van Buren. Due to the altitude and extreme dry climate
of the Mile High City we have a special humidifier to manufacturer's specs
underneath the piano to avoid damaging the piano.

We're in our 2nd day of our most importat Autumn Membership Drive, so far we
are exactly where we should be but the drive has 10 more days to go and it's
a marathon-not a sprint.

Arturo