[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 10/6/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 7 00:06:37 EDT 2006

JAZZ  FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Oct 6, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: PEPPER ADAMS (b. October 8, 1930)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
One For All: Sweet and Lovely, The Lineup (Sharp 9 Records)
@ RegattaBar, Cambridge, MA 10/07/06
Delfeayo Marsalis: If You Only Knew, Minions Dominions (Trubadour Music)

8:25pm
Meredith D'Ambrosio: I'd Do It All Again, Wishing on The Moon (Sunnyside)
Diana Krall: Day In, Day Out, From This Moment On (Verve)
Ann Hampton Callaway: Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most,
Blues in The Night (Telarc)

8:46pm
George Cables: Cheese Cake, A Letter To Dexter (Kind of Blue)
Dexter Gordon: Darn That Dream, The Classic Blue Note Recordings (Blue Note)

9:00pm
SPECIAL FEATURE:PEPPER ADAMS
Pepper Adams: Lovers of Their Time, The Master (Muse/Camden Deluxe)
Pepper Adams; with Peter Leitch: How Deep is The Ocean, Reservoir
Pepper Adams: Minor Mishap, Critic's Choice (World Pacific/Mighty Quinn)

9:27pm
Pepper Adams: Claudette's Way, Conjuration (Reservoir)
Pepper Adams; with Helen Merrill: Summertime, Chasin' The Bird (Inner City)
Pepper Adams; with Barry Harris: Barango, Bull's Eye! (Prestige)

9:50pm
Pepper Adams; with Charles Mingus: Moanin', Blues and Roots (Atlantic)
Pepper Adams: Portrait, Pepper Adams Plays Charles Mingus (Fresh Sounds)

10:07pm
Pepper Adams: Time on My Hands, Urban Dreams (Palo Alto)
Pepper Adams: Unforgettable, Pepper Adams Quintet (Mode/VSOP)
Pepper Adams; Jimmy Knepper: Pimrose Path,
The Pepper-Knepper Quintet (MGM/Fresh Sounds)

10:32pm
Pepper Adams; with Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra: Little Rascal on A Rock,
New Life (A&M Horizon)
Pepper Adams; with Thelonious Monk Orchestra: Little Rootie Tootie,
Orchestra at Town Hall (Riverside)

10:48pm
Pepper Adams: Chelsea Bridge, The Master (Muse/Camden Deluxe)
Pepper Adams: Sophisticated Lady, The Master (Muse/Camden Deluxe
END OF SPECIAL FEATURE

11:05pm
Joe Lovano: Boplicity, Streams of Expression (Blue Note)
Gil Goldstein: Moondreams, Under Rousseau's Moon (Half Note)
Miles Davis: Godchild, the Complete Birth of The Cool (Capitol)
Lee Konitz: Colorful, New Nonet (OmniTone)

11:24pm
Roberta Gamborini: Smoke gets in Your Eyes/All The Things You Are,
Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Carla White: I Still Love You/Zingaro, A Voice in The night (Bright Moon)
Stacey Kent; with Jim Tomlinson: What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life,
The Lyric (O+Music)

11:45pm
Kenny Werner: Untitled Lament, Democracy (Half Note)
Kenny Werner: A Child is Born, Kenny Werner at Maybeck (Concord)