[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 10-08-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 8 05:53:53 EDT 2006

New Release*

1am
Don Byron, There It Is (Do the Boomerang)*
Javon Jackson, South Side Eddie (Now)*
Zony Mash, title cut (Upper Egypt)
Randy Weston, Three Blind Mice (Berkshire Blues)
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Why Don't They Know? (Rip, Rag and Panic)
Diego Urcola, Tango Azul (Viva)*
Grismore/Scea Group, Cletus N' gugu (well behaved fish)*
Club d'Elf, And Shadow Saw the Gods (Now I Understand)*
Charlie Hunter & Bobby Previte, Ow (Come In Red Dog, This Is Tango Leader)

2am
Deep Blue Organ Trio, Once I Loved (Goin' To Town: Live the the Green Mill)*
Kat Parra, Alfonsina Y El Mar (birds in flight)*
Jerry Gonzalez & The Fort Apache Band, Isabel, The Liberator (Fire Dance)
Mark Masters Ensemble, Tree Patterns (Wish Me Well)*
Frank Kimbrough, Lucent (Play)*
Mark Masters Ensemble, Monk's Sphere (Wish Me Well)*
Zoot Sims & Jimmy Rowles, I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone (If I'm Lucky)
Lester Young & Teddy Wilson, Prisoner of Love (Pres and Teddy)

3am
Booker Little, Who Can I Turn To (Booker Little in New York)
Michele Rosewoman, We Are (Occasion to Rise)
Michele Rosewoman & Quintessence, Link (The In Side Out)*
Branford Marsalis Quartet, Fate (Braggtown)*
Tomasz Stanko Quartet, Kattorna (Lontano)*
Michael Musillami's Dialect, title cut (Fragile Forms)*
Carnival Skin, Journey to Strange (Carnival Skin)
Tara Fuki, Daj nu znac (Kapka)

4am
Burnt Sugar (Butch Morris), title cuts (The Rites)
Russ Kassoff, It Never Entered My Mind (Somewhere)*
Jim Pepper & Mal Waldron, Ruby My Dear (Art of the Duo)
Elmer Gibson, In A Monkish Mood (The Reach Of Memory)*
Frank Morgan, Out of Nowhere (reflections)*

5am
Nancy King, Autumn in New York (Live at Jazz Standard)*
John Lewis, Django (Evolution)
Joe Locke Geoffrey Keezer Group, Honu (Live in Seattle)*
Bobby Previte, Sunrise/The Escape Ladder (The 23 Constellations of Joan
Miro)
Brad Mehldau, Backyard (House on Hill)*
Kenny Wheeler/Lee Konitz/Dave Holland/Bill Frisell, Present Past (Angel
Song)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607