[JPL] A.I.J.F. Kicks Off Today

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Sun Oct 8 09:36:00 EDT 2006

The Amelia Island Jazz Festival kicks off today with a free concert at Amelia Park featuring the UNF Jazz Ensemble. Throughout the week there will be clinics for young musicians in the local schools, special programs for seniors and other events culminating the following weekend with performances by The Marcus Printup Quartet, Richie Cole and the Alto Madness Orchestra and the Dynamic Les DeMerle Big Band featuring Dr. Bill Prince and special guest artists. Friday and Saturday (13 and 14) will see late night jam sessions at Angel's Porch Cafe'. I'll be helping out here and there ( probably the jam sessions), but if you are in the area don't let that keep you from coming and having a blast. Sunday winds up with a jazz brunch tribute to New Orleans - food and all - and a goodbye to our visiting performers.

Today's weather forcast was iffy, but the day has dawned bright and sunny - perfect for a free jazz concert in the park!
http://www.ameliaislandjazzfestival.com for the complete schedule of events.

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475