[JPL] Dobbin's Den # 600

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 8 19:59:07 EDT 2006

BACKGROUND TO EDITION # 600

DOBBIN'S DEN

On today's show we hear from Montreal-based singer John Labelle who will be heard in concert to benefit MS research on October 11 at the Lion D'or plus a salute to my friend Pepper Adams heard with John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Kenny Wheeler, Thad Jones and Carl Perkins and the big bands of Stan Kenton, Benny Goodman, Thelonious Monk and Denny Christianson.  Adams was born in Highland Park, Michigan on October 8, 1930.

HOST: LEN DOBBIN                                11am - 1pm

CKUT 90.3fm [Montreal]                        www.ckut.ca [real audio]

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA             OCTOBER 8, 2006

PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS BELOW

GERALD WILSON

BIG BAND MODERN [JAZZ FACTORY]

Indiana (Wardell Gray)

JOHN LABELLE

LAST TIME I WAS HERE [JLP]

*It's A Blue World

*You and the Night and the Music

*I've Got You Under My Skin

*Theme for Montreal (re-make)

JIMMY RUSHING

1950s - THE SINGERS [COLUMBIA]

Russian Lullaby

JOHN COLTRANE

PRESTIGE PROFILES [PRESTIGE]

Russian Lullaby (Red Garland)

DAKAR [PRESTIGE]

Witches Pit (Pepper Adams)

PEPPER ADAMS

MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE [WEST WIND]

My One and Only Love

CONURATION [RESERVOIR]

Dobbin'

'T is

PLAYS CHARLIE (sic) MINGUS [FRESH SOUND]

Black Light

CHARLES MINGUS

BLUES & ROOTS [ATLANTIC]

Moanin'   (Pepper Adams)