[JPL] Re: Tower Records To Be Liquidated

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Oct 9 13:19:25 EDT 2006

<<< Bill Graham's gone, Jerry Garcia's gone, and now the retailer that
brought
their magic to the world is gone.
For me, this hits the "end of an era" bulls eye.
Life is a big circle and I'm lucky to have witnessed a fantastic part of
that circle.
Goodbye old friend... >>>>

I say good bye and good riddance. I recall when the first So Cal branch of
Sac Town's Tower Records opened on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywierd, I
guess it was '71 or '72. What a magical shop it was throughout the 70s and
then it quickly became just another chain store with maybe a bit wider
selection.

Long live the indy shops!!!!!

Arturo