[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA 10-09

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 9 21:46:54 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM.
Archived at ideastations.org./radio.
Please send cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday October 9, 2006

(Jack Pettis, Billy Mayers Eler Schoebel) Bugle Call Rag / (Edgar Sampson,
Benny Goodman) Don't Be That Way - Stompin' at the Savoy - Benny Goodman -
Bluebird - 07863 61067-2

(Phil Baxter) I'm a Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas - Avalon: the Small Bands,
Volume 2 - Benny Goodman Quartet - Bluebird - 2273-2-RB

(Davis, Ramirez, Sherman) Lover Man - Easy to Love - Roberta Gambarini -
Kindred Rhythm - KRM-CD-1122

(Delfeayo Marsalis) The Lone Warrior - Minons Dominion - Delfeayo Marsalis
- Troubador Jass - TRJ 090306

(Eddie Palmieri, Magdalena Gonzalez, Francisco Zumaque) Paginas de Mujer -
Simpatico - The brian Lynch / Eddie Palmieri - Artist Share productions -
AS0057

(Ellington, Gaines) Just Squeeze Me - Shirley Scott Queen of the Organ -
Shirley Scott and Stanley Turrentine - Impulse - GRD-123

(George and Ira Gershwin) Oh, Lady Be Good - Oscar Peterson: the Gershwin
Songbooks - Verve - 314 529 698-2

8:00 PM - 9:02 PM Broadcast of George Allen and Jim Webb Senate Debate

(Charlie Parker) Scrapple from the Apple - Sugan - Phil Woods and Red
Garland - Prestige - OJCCD-1841-2
(Dorothy Fields and Jerome Kern) A Fine Romance / (Cole Porter) Easy to
Love - Lady Day: the best of Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 82979

(Strayhorn) Take the A Train / (Ellington) Warm Valley / (Ellington) Just
a Settin and a Rockin' - Duke Ellington: the Blanton-Webster Band -
Bluebird - 5659-2-RB

(Duke Ellington) Come Sunday - The Song Book - Booker Ervin - Prestige -
OJCCD-779-2

(Art Blakey) Split Kick - Clifford Brown: the Complete Blue Note and
Pacific jazz Recordings - CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Arlen, Koehler) I've Got the World on a String - The Best of Sarah
Vaughan - Pablo - PACD-2405-416-2

(Robin, Rainger) If I Should Lose You - Mulgrew Miller Trio Live at the
Kennedy Center - Maxjazz - MXJ 217