[JPL] background on the Mets/A's

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Oct 10 15:37:11 EDT 2006

As we watch the action between the white lines of the old ballgame to see
who wins the friendly wager between Dr.Jazz and myself, I was pondering the
most likely rematch of the Athletics and the Mets. For those who may not
know the Mets or Metropolitans' uniform and colors represent the 3 NY
baseball teams in existence before the Mets began play in '62. The
pinstripes are for the Yankees, orange is for the Giants of the Polo Grounds
and blue is for the Bums of Ebbets Field. The Atheletics began in
Philadelphia before moving first to Kansas City and then westward to
Oakland.

The Tigers and Cardinals are 2 storied baseball franchises with new
stadiums, Oakland-Alameda Stadium is best suited for football and the
Raidahs but it is light years ahead of Shea Stadium which ranks as perhaps
the worse baseball stadium of the big leagues in one of the worse locations
to boot.  I don't understand why NYC has not provided better facilites for
the Mets either at Flushing or somewhere else....

Arturo