[JPL] Speaking of Radio Stations

Bob Crispen - Kenton Site revbob at crispen.org
Tue Oct 10 16:06:18 EDT 2006

If you run WinAmp or MediaMonkey, I've got a few jazz (and classical and
indie) bookmarks: <http://blog.crispen.org/etc/NetRadioGoodies.zip>

If you've got your station's Internet stream locked up so that it only
plays on a nasty little media player embedded in a web page, chances are
about 50:50 that I've got the real stream URL in there anyway. I mean,
it's on the net, it's got an URL, you're not gonna actually *hide* it;
all you're gonna do is piss off everybody with a Mac or a Linux box or
somebody (like me) who doesn't feel like running "The World's Most
Bloated, Intrusive, Dangerous, Crappy Sounding Media Player" -- I'll let
you guys fight about whether Real Media, Apple, or Microsoft will end up
trademarking that slogan.

Feel free to grab the bookmarks. If you've got another application you
usually listen on, you *might* convince me to convert the list to some
other format. I'm a lot more attentive if you whisper sweetly into the
ear of my PayPal account, but a good sob story might work too. Email me
off the list, please.

Anybody want to guess where I got most of those radio stations? Anybody
want to guess why I signed up for this list? ;-)

Back to lurk mode.
--
Bob Crispen
http://kenton.crispen.org/

The highest form of execution on a musical instrument is jazz. We know
what we are doing and we know it's the truth, and anything the truth
falls on, it will grind into powder. It just takes time. It takes time.
- Art Blakey