[JPL] Re: jazzproglist Digest, Vol 8, Issue 305

David Golden davidgolden99 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 08:32:47 EDT 2006

Let me try to bring it back on topic. ;-)

I grew up as a Mets fan in the 1960s. A visit to Shea Stadium included musical interludes by organist Jane Jarvis. Something about that sound stuck with me, and as a jazz radio programmer, I have always included a good amount of the Burner, Joey D., Jimmy Smith, Dr. Lonnie Smith and other B3 masters. In fact, my WPKN web page lists B3 music as part of my Quality Assurance Pledge. Jane Jarvis gave up her organ gig at Shea in 1979, then became a full-time pianist, playing with Milt Hinton and recording a few albums.

David Golden
Press & Publicity Coordinator
WPKN 89.5 FM Bridgeport, CT
http://www.wpkn.org/dave