[JPL] Montreux Summit Vol I & II

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 18:28:34 EDT 2006

Anyone remember these recordings from about 1978 on Columbia? Volume II features versions of "The Moontrane" and "Red Top" that are incredible. "Red Top" features one of the all time great trumpet exchanges between Woody Shaw and Marnard Ferguson. Ditto with Stan and Dexter. The band on these tracks....Woody Shaw, Stan Getz, Hubert Laws, Maynard Ferguson, Slide Hampton, Dexter Gordon, George Duke, Gordon Johnson and one of the most interesting drummers I've heard...Billy Brooks. My questions are would anyone happen to know anything about this drummer.......I haven't heard anything from him before or since and two....if these releases ever came out on CD? Amazon shows no listing. Thanks for any help.

  Jae Sinnett