[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Oct 11 16:58:30 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 10/11/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Mulgrew Miller - Live at the Kennedy Center, Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
Gil Goldstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout
Diana Krall - From this Moment On - Verve
Phil Woods/John Coates - Giants at Work - Pacific Street
Stefon Harris - African Tarantella  - Blue Note
Dave Holland - Critical Mass - Dare2
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Metheny/Mehldau - Nonesuch
Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - High Note
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note
11-20:
Richie Cole - Rose's Rose Garden -  Jazz Excursion
Keith Jarrett - Carnegie Hall Concert - ECM
Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave
Steven Bernstein - MTO Volume 1 - Sunnyside
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
Tomasz Stanko - Lontano - ECM
Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch
and...
Mike Frost  - Coming Straight at Ya'- BluJazz
Skip Wilkins - Quintet, Vol. 1 - Dreambox Media
Edward Simon - Unicity - CamJazz
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Don Byron - Do the Boomerang - Blue  Note
Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project - Simpatico - Artist Share
Delfeayo Marsalis - Minions Dominion - Troubadour Jass
Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World - Rounder
Frisell/Carter/Motian - Frisell/Carter/Motian - Nonesuch
Branford Marsalis - Braggtown - Marsalis Music
Ted Nash - In the Loop - Palmetto
Mark Masters Ensemble - Wish Me Well - Capri
Patricia Barber - Mythologies - Blue Note
Mingus Big Band - Live in Tokyo -  Mingus Music/Sunnyside
Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
Kenny Werner - DemocRacy - HalfNote
Ed Breazeale - Just Beyond - self
Trio Beyond - Saudades - ECM
Pat Bianchi - East Coast Roots - Jazzed Media
Anton Schwartz - Radiant Blue - Anton Jazz
Medeski, Scofield, Martin &  Wood - Out Louder - Indirecto
Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone
Steve Feierabend - Converging Paths - self
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Mike Melvoin Trio - You Know - City Light
Frank Morgan - Reflections - High Note
Caribbean Jazz Project - Mosaic - Concord
Winard Harper - Make It Happen - Piadrum
Jane Bunnett - Radio Guatanamo - Blue Note
Barbara Sfraga - Timelessness Frozen in Time - SyncTimiCity
Jim Tomlinson - The Lyric - O+ Music
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - Renwick
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Eliane Elias - Around the City - Bluebird

Adds:
Papa John DeFrancesco - Desert Heat - Savant
Javon Jackson - Now - Palmetto
Dave Wilson - My Time - Dreambox Media
Pete Zimmer - Judgement - Tippin

Doodlin' - October 10, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Don Byron - Cleo's Mood - Do the Boomerang - Blue Note
Papa John DeFrancesco - Pokuscadabara - Desert Heat - Savant
Kenny Carr - Ocean Avenue Groove - Turn the Page - TAS

Stefon Harris - Portrait of Wellman Braud - African Tarantella - Blue
Note
Mark Masters Ensemble - I Love To Say Her Name - Wish Me Well - Capri

John Proulx - I've Never Been in Love Before - Moon and Sand - MaxJazz
Anne Hampton Calloway - Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most -
Blues in the Night - Telarc
Dave Wilson - Moon and Sand - My Time - Dreambox Media
Jim Cutler - Alan Weight Speaking - In Progress - Pony Boy

Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri - Jazzucar - Simpatico - ArtistShare
Mary Foster Conklin w/David Oquendo - Encanto d'Amor - Blues for
Breakfast - Rhombus
Edward Simon - Abiding Unicity - Unicity - CamJazz
Louis Hayes & Cannonball Legacy Band - The Two of Them - Maximum
Firepower - Savant

Pete Zimmer - The Mingus That I Knew - Judgement - Tippin
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Ring of Life - Metheny/Mehldau - Nonesuch
Dave Stryker - The Chaser - The Chaser - Mel Bay

Richie Cole - Town Without Pity - Rise's Rose Garden - Jazz Excursion
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note