[JPL] MJC Playlist: The Art Of Blakey (with apologies to Art Pepper)

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Thu Oct 12 10:50:28 EDT 2006

Modern Jazz Classics is heard fifteen times each week via our FM (4), Internet (7), Podcast (2) and Wi-Fi (1) partners, reaching an audience base of more than 1.7 million.

MJC is a no cost to station program available by download or disk to qualified broadcasters/streamers.

MJC-198: Remembering Art Blakey

Intro and Theme: Eric Dolphy - On Green Dolphin Street

Art Blakey Quintet (Clifford Brown) / Once In A While / A Night At Birdland, Vol.1 / Blue Note
Art Blakey Quintet / Quicksilver / A Night At Birdland, Vol.1 / Blue Note

Ray Charles~Count Basie Orch. / Look What They've Done To My Song / Ray Sings Basie Swings / Concord
Toots Thielemans (Lizz Wright) Come Rain Or Come Shine / One More For The Road / Verve
Diana krall (Anthony Wilson) / I Was Doing Allright / From This Moment On / Verve

Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers / Lady Bird / At The Cafe' Bohemia, Vol.1 / Blue Note
Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers / Calling Miss Khadija / Indestructible / Blue Note

Mark Masters Ensemble / I Love To Say Her Name / Wish Me Well / Capri
Michael Wolff / Falling In Love / Love And Destruction / Wrong Records

Top of hour one sweep: Larry Carlton - Put It Where You Want It

Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers / Dat Dere / Best Of..... / Blue Note
Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers / Evans / A Night In Tunisia / Bluebird

Jay Lawrence Trio / Agua De Beber / Thermal Strut / OA2
Phil Kelly & The SW Santa Ana Winds / Pleading Dim Cap / My Museum / Origin

Pete Zimmer Quintet / Cut Off / Judgment / Tippin' Records
Jim Cutler Jazz Orchestra / View From The Top / In Progress / Pony Boy

Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers / Title Track / A Night In Tunisia / Bluebird

Top of hour two and sign off: Oscar Pettiford - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer/Aging Hipster
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475

http://www.modernjazzclassics.com