[JPL] Jazzy Baseball Tunezz: The Mets Colors: Orange & Blue --- GO METS!

Peter Poses pposes at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 18:59:26 EDT 2006

Mr. Native NY'er Jackson: Howzzit ---

	I'm glad U ast: For staters: (1) Ken Burn's "BB", the soundtrack to his
historic documentary (intro'in' me to the future Hall Of Famer, Buck O'Neil,
whom I otherwise may never have learned of); "Goin', Goin' Gone", a Times,
Life Sony, Fairfax & Friedman BB compilation; (3) Diz' "One Bass Hit"; (4)
Ray Brown's "Two Bass Hit"; (5) Teddy Edwards' "Three Base Hit"; & of course
(6) "Grand Slam; (7)Phinas Newborn Jr's. "Double Play; (8)The Great Jazz
Trio's "Autumn Leaves" w/ BB player on the cover; (9) Andre Previn & Russ
Freeman's "Double Play" CD; (10)Arni Egilsson's, "Basses Loaded" CD; (12)
Randy weston's "Hi Fly"; (13) Dave Frishberg's Van Lingo Mungo" & "Doger
Blue" (which has taken on new meanings); (13) Art Lande's BB Album; & (14)
one of my fave's, Dexter quotin', "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" in his
composition "3 AM In The Morning".

	I'm lookin' forward to the vast "JPL" network to follow my lead, and
contribute to quench yer curiosity, Bobby. Play Ball. Go Mets. UTNG, dig in
with that back foot. Peter Poses, former resident of Kveenzz, NY/

	P.S. I stand corrected. Reportedly, in addition to The Mets takin' their
colors from The City Of New York, it apparently is veridad that it is
"Dodger Blue" & "Giants Orange". For more info go to: www.nymets.com, then
to blue info ribbon opposite "MLB Sites". Click on "news", then click on
"Team History". Then to "Mets TimeLine: 1957 - 1971 and scroll down to
"1961", then to 11/16 and read on.