[JPL] Next Week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz (The World's Only 100% Modern Jazz Channel)

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Oct 14 10:00:05 EDT 2006

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (16-22 October 2006)

This Monday, October 16th, we’ll present another edition of our special
feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the
music of one of the greatest saxophonists of his generation, KENNY
GARRETT! With the help of Warner Music we’ll be able to give you a full
hour of Kenny’s music and help him celebrate his birthday in this month
of October. We’ll hear not only his solo work but also enjoy some of
his collaboration with the legendary Miles Davis.  Plus, we’ll also
hear Kenny’s own comments that shed light on his brilliant career.
Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night
at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It’s MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS featuring
an hour of the music of KENNY GARRETT on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE
NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino...an hour of jamband
jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty
movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday
night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A
Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle
presents more of the new work from Club D’Elf along with some classic
groove from Robert Walter, Will Bernard & Motherbug and more.

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for BILLY COBHAM LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific and
Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the
world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live
performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music
you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week you’ll travel back in
time to 1981 as legendary drummer BILLY COBHAM, joined by guitarist
MIKE STERN, keyboardist GIL GOLDSTEIN, violinist MICHAL URBANIAK, and
bassist TIM LANDERS burn up the stage in Riazzino, Switzerland, and you
are there.  It’s BILLY COBHAM LIVE IN SWITZERLAND on this week’s
addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an
exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz
history when the music became electric and all the musical influences
of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour
beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM
Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this
controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a
little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday,
October 21st, we'll get the scoop on what it’s like when some of the
biggest names get together for special projects on a special
presentation titled INSIDE THE ALL-STAR BANDS!  Join Russ Davis as he
talks to Larry Coryell, Victor Bailey and Lenny White about their great
electric trio, Stanley Clarke, Jean-Luc Ponty and Al Di Meola about
their great acoustic project The Rite of Strings, Bill Evans on Petite
Blonde, Stanton Moore and Skerik on Garage A Trois and more. Interview
segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight
Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). It's INSIDE THE ALL-STAR BANDS, this
week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM
Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by
playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading
listener comments that have been emailed to him at
beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis

Program Director

Beyond Jazz