[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - wshafm.org) 10-15-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 05:31:59 EDT 2006

New Release*

1am
Roy Haynes, My Heart Belongs to Daddy (Whereas)*
Celia Cruz w/Johnny Pacheco, Se Que Tu (The Rough Guide...)
Lonnie Smith, title cut (Move Your Hand)
The Wood Brothers, Where My Baby Might Be (Ways Not To Lose)
Harvie S, C7 Heaven (Funky Cha)*
Jerry Gonzalez, Rosa Para Julia (Y Los Piratas Del Flamenco)
Deep Blue Organ Trio, Once I Loved (Goin' To Town)*

2am
Patricia Barber, Persephone (Mythologies)*
Wayne Shorter, Chaos (The All Seeing Eye)
Pete Zimmer Quintet w/George Garzone, Down or Up (Judgment)*
Barbara Sfraga, Be There (Timeless Frozen in Time)*
Thomas Chapin Trio, Pet Scorpion (Ride)
Grant Green w/Joe Henderson, McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Ezz-thetic (Solid)
James Blood Ulmer, Sphinx (The Music of Ornette Coleman)
Amadou & Mariam, M' Bife Balafon (Dimanche A Bamako)
Emmanuel Jal & Abdel Gadir Salim, Nyambol (Ceasefire)

3am
Rabih Abou Khalil w/Sonny Fortune, Remember...The Desert (Bukra)
Radio Tarifa, El Baile de la Bola (Rumba Argelina)
Trans-Global Underground, Yellow and Black Taxi Cab (Impossible
Broadcasting)
Masada String Trio, meholalot (Masada String Trio)
Avishai Cohen, Smash (Continuo)*
Kat Parra, Kuando El Rey Nimrod (birds in flight)*
Brad Mehldau, title cut (House on Hill)*
Michael Musillami's Dialect, Discreet Plucking (Fragile Forms)*
Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project, The Palmieri Effect (Simpatico)*

4am
Wm. Parker's Little Huey Creative Music Orchestra, title cut (Raincoat in
the River)
Jim Cutler Jazz Orchestra, Alan Weight Speaking (In Progress)*
Russ Kassoff, title cut (Somewhere)*
Misia,  title cut (piano version), (Paixoes Diagonais)
Tomasz Stanko Quartet, Kattorna (Lontano)*
Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra, title cut (Evanescence)

5am
Matthew Shipp Trio, Prism I (Prism)
Butch Morris, Bartok Comprovision (Dust to Dust)
Mark Masters En semble, Tree Patterns (Wish Me Well)*
Joe Locke Geoffrey Keezer Group, Fractured (live in Seattle)*

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org