[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 05:12:34 EDT 2006

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 10/15/06

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Russ Haines Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.

4 or more SPINS

4 Pat Bianchi - East Coast Roots - Jazzed Media
4 Alan Broadbent - Every Time I Think Of You - Artistry Music
4 Jane Bunnett - Guantanamo Blues Project Vol. 1 - Blue Note
4 Marc Copeland/Randy Brecker - Both/And - Nagel Heyer
4 Jim Cutler Jazz Orchestra - In Progress - Pony Boy Records
4 Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout Factory Records
4 Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone Records
4 Eliane Elias - Around The City - Bluebird/RCA
5 Elin - Lazy Afternoon - Blue Toucan
10 Connie Evingson - Stockholm Sweetin' - Minnehaha Music (WWSP Jazzfest
Artist)
4 Von Freeman - Good Forever - Premonition Records
4 Mike Frost Project - Comin' Straight At Ya' - blujazz
5 Kenny Garrett - Beyond The Wall - Nonesuch
5 Donald Harrison - The Survivor - Nagel Heyer
5 Billy Hart - Quartet - HighNote
5 Keith Jarrett - The Carnegie Hall Concert - ECM
4 Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave.
4 Branford Marsalis Quartet - Braggtown - Marsalis Music/Rounder
4 Delfeayo Marsalis - Minions Dominion - Troubador Jass Records
4 Medeski, Scofield, Martin & Wood - Out Louder - Indirecto Records
4 Mike Melvoin Trio - You Know - City Light
4 Mulgrew Miller - Live At The Kennedy Center Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
4 Panoramic - Rhythm Through The Unobstructed View - Rhythmic Union Records
4 Luis Perdomo - Awareness - RKM Music
5 Houston Person/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart To Sing - HighNote
4 Barbara Sfraga Timelessness Frozen In Time - SyncTimiCity
4 Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Lontano - ECM
4 Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - HighNote
4 Kenny Werner - Democracy - HalfNote

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Geri Allen - Timeless Portraits And Dreams - Telarc Jazz
2 Big Neighborhood - 11:11 Origin Records
3 Richard Bliwas - Walk The Bike - Rising Rose Records
3 Ed Breazeale - Just Beyond - Reactor Records
2 Scott Burns - Passages - Origin Records
2 Dalton Gang - Last Years Waltz - Second Step Music
2 Mary Foster Conklin - Blues For Breakfast - Rhombus
2 Fred Fried - The Wisdom Of Notes - Ballet Tree
2 Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul Motian - Selftitled - Nonesuch
2 Terry Gibbs - Findin' The Groove - Jazzed Media
3 David Gilmore - Unified Presence - RKM Music
3 Dave Glasser - Above The Clouds - Arbors
2 Gil Golstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
2 Ann Hampton Callaway - Blues In The Night - Telarc Jazz
3 Sherman Irby - Organomics - Black Warrior Records
2 Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
2 Jeff Kaye - Just Like Me - Jazzed Media
2 Roger Kellaway Trio - Heroes - IPO
3 Diana Krall - From This Moment On - Verve
2 Jay Lawrence Trio - Thermal Strut - OA2 Records
3 Kristin Lomholt - Spell - Whaling City Sound
3 John Mackay - Organoptics - Chicken Coup Records
2 Marguerite Mariama - Wild Women... - Powerlight Media
2 Mark Masters Ensemble - Wish Me Well - Capri Records
3 Cassandre McKinley - Til Tomorrow - MaxJazz
2 Chris Mcnulty - Whispers The Heart - Elefant Dreams
2 Metheny/Mehldau - Selftitled - Nonesuch
3 Ted Nash - In The Loop - Palmetto Records
2 N'awlins Gumbo Kings - UFO Saloon - Blue Cat Blues Records
2 Madeleine Peyroux - Half The Perfect World - Rounder
2 John Proulx - Moon & Sand - MaxJazz
2 Smokey Robinson - Timeless Love - New Door
2 Michelle Rosewoman & Quintessence - The In Side Out - Advance Dance
Disques
2 Edward Simon - Unicity - CAM
2 Taylor/FIDYK Big Band - Live At Blues Alley - OA2 Records
3 Jim Tomlinson - The Lyric - O+ Music
2 Trio East - Best Bets - Origin Records
2 Gary Tu - Look East - Triple S Jazz
2  David S. Ware Quartet - BalladWare - Thirsty Ear
2 Mort Weiss - The B3 And Me - SMS Jazz
2 Scott Whitfield Quintet - Live At Charlie O's - Summit

ADDS FOR WEEK OF 10/15/06

Lynne Arriale Trio - Live - Motema
Nels Cline - New Monastery - Cryptogramophone
Dizzy Gillespie All Star Band - Dizzy's Business - MCG Jazz
HD2 - Songs From The Last Century - Blue Toucan Music
Gladys Knight - Before Me - Verve
Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project - Simpatico - Artist Share
Obra Maestra - Rumba Pa' Rumberos - Obra Maestra Records
Nilson Matta - Walking With My Bass - Blue Toucan Music
Myra Melford - The Image Of Your Body - Cryptogramophone
Marisa Monte - Universo Ao Meu Redor - Blue Note
Jason Moran - Artist In Residence - Blue Note
Osland Saxophone Quartet - Commission: Impossible - Sea Breeze Jazz

**** The next add date for WWSP is 10/29/06. We will have space for 13 discs
which are already auditioned and in the add pile for for that date. I review
& add discs in the order in which they are received. ****

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ