[JPL] PLAYLIST WCVE WED 10-11

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 16 18:09:05 EDT 2006

I have been involved with the National Folk Fest for the last several
days. here's wed's playlist. I don't think we played any new releases
thursday or fri so I am not going to bother posting those.

Peter Solomon

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 11, 2006

(Cole Porter) You Do Something to Me - The Bridge - Sonny Rollins - BMG
Classics - 09026-68518-2 ((6:45))

(Gil Fuller, Chano Pozo) Tin Tin Deo - The Best of Art Pepper -
Contemporary - CCD-5714-2 ((7:42))

(JJ Johnson) Groovin' - The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson Volume 2 - Blue Note -
CDP 7 81506 2 ((4:38))

(Billy Strayhorn) Chelsea Bridge - For Someone I Love - Milt Jackson -
Riverside - OJCCD-404-2 ((4:44))

(Greer, Klages) Just You, Just Me - Monk. - Thelonious Monk -
Columbia/legacy  - 86564 ((8:42))

(Reed Kotler) I'll Always Know - I'll Always Know: Tomo Plays the Music of
Reed Kotler - Tomo: Bob Shepperd, Bill Cunliffe, etc. - Torii Records -
www.toriirecords.com ((4:24))

(Egberto Gismonti) Frevo - Songs of the Past Century - HD2: Helio Alves
and Duduka de Fonseca - Blue Toucan Music ((5:02))

(Charles Mingus) Prayer for Passive Resistance - Mingus Big Band Live in
Tokyo - Mingus Big Band - Sunnyside - SSC-3042 ((7:01))

8:01 NPR News

(Bird, Mcrae, Woode) Broadway - Oscar Peterson Plays Count Basie - Verve -
314 511 811-2 ((4:31))

(Public Domain) Joshua Fit de Battle of Jericho - Feelin' the Spirit -
Grant Green - Blue Note - CDP 7 46822 2 ((8:00))

(Wayne Shorter) Joelle - The Witch Doctor - Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers - Blue Note - 7243 5 21957 2 5 ((5:05))

(Harry Warren, Al Dubin) I Only Have Eyes for You - Song Spirit - Sathima
Bea Benjamin - Ekapa records - S.A. 003 ((5:57))

(Bill Holman) I Didn't Ask - A View from the Side - Bill Holman - JVC -
2050-2
((8:16))

(Buddy Johnson) Save Your Love for Me - Around the City - Eliane Elias -
Bluebird - 82876 80228-2 ((4:00))

(Gillespie, Parker) Anthropology - The Taylor/Fidyk Band Live at Blues
Alley - Oa2 records - 22027 ((5:29))

(Ron Carter) First Trip - Perspectives - Mitchell Forman - Marsis Jazz -
MJ 0601 ((4:49))

(Warren, Dixon Young) You're My Everything - Everything I Love - Julie
Kelly - Chase Music group - CMD-8075 ((3:15))

9:01 NPR News

(Theolonius Monk) Bemsha Swing - Lynne Arriale Trio Live - B'Jazz / Motema
- MTM-00007 ((7:39))

(Malneck, Signorelli, Parish) Stairway to the Stars - Undercurrent - Bill
Evans & Jim Hall - Blue Note - CDP 7 90583 2 ((6:35))

(Ceasar, Youmans) Tea for Two - Piano Starts Here - Art Tatum - Legacy /
Columbia - CK 64690 ((3:14))

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn) Come Dance with Me - From This Moment On -
Diana Krall - Verve - B0007323-02 ((4:23))

(Ellington) In a Mellow Tone - Duke with a Difference - Clark Terry -
Riverside - OJCCD-229-2 ((5:08))

(Waller, Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - Further Definitions - Benny Carter -
Impulse - IMPD-229 ((3:50))

(Young, Oliver) Easy Does It - Buddy and Sweets - Buddy Rich and Sweets
Edison - Norgran / Verve - MGN-1038 ((8:16))

(Bobby Hutcherson) Little B's Poem - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi -
Jazzed Media - JM 1022 ((9:18))

11