[JPL] Playlist:WCVE Mon 10-16

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 16 21:54:56 EDT 2006

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday October 16, 2006

(Rose, Harburg, Allen) It's Only a Paper Moon - Three Blind Mice Volume 2
- Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers Blue Note - CDP 7 84452 2

(Joatan Nascimento) Steel in the Piston - The Winds of Brazil - Adventure
Music - AM-1030 2

(Mario Adnet, Ricardo Maraciulo) Escaping Carnaval - From the Heart -
Mario Adnet - Adventure Music - AM 1027 2

(B. Green, M. Edwards) Once in a While - Rip Rig and Panic / Please Don't
Cry Beautiful Edith - Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Emarcy - 832 164-2

(Ron Carter) Eighty-One - E.S.P. - Miles davis - Columbia/Legacy - CK
65683

(Horace Silver) Ah So - The Tokyo Blues - Horace Silver - Blue Note - CDP
7243  53355 2 5

(Herbie Nichols) Hangover Triangle - Herbie Nichols: the Complete Blue
Note Recordings Volume 2 - CDP 7243 8 59354 2 8

8:01 NPR News

(Monk) Rhythm-a-ning - Memories of T - Ben Riley - Concord Jazz -
CCD-30095-2

(Green, Heyman) Easy Come, Easy Go - Jazz Masters 49: Anita O'Day - Anita
O'Day with Jimmy Giuffre - Verve - 314 527 653-2

(Bobby Timmons) Dat Dere - The Best of Bobby Timmons - Riverside -
RCD-5719-2

(Lloyd, Higgins) Prayer, Sanctuary / Supreme Love Dance - Which Way Is
East - Charles Lloyd and Billy Higgins - ECM 1878/79 B0002281-02

(Edwards, LaRocca, Spargo, Shields) Fidgety Feet - An Intimate Evening
with Dave McKenna - Arbors records - ARCD-19264

(Benny Goodman) Breakfast Feud - The Genius of the Electric Guitar - Benny
Goodman featuring Charlie Christian - Columbia/Legacy  - C4K 65564

(Reinhardt, Grapelli) Minor Swing - Django Reinhardt: Disc A, Paris 1937 -
JSP Records - JSPCD904A

(Fred Ahlert, Roy Turk) I'll Get By / Romberg, Hammerstein II) Lover Come
Back to Me / (McHugh, Fields) On the Sunny Side of the Street - Billie
Holiday: the Commodore Master Takes - Commodore - 314 543 272-2

(Kahn, Moret) Chlo-e - Art Tatum: Classic Early Solos (1934-1937) - Art
Tatum - Decca - GRD-607

9:01 NPR News

(Don Aliquo) Jazz Folk - Jazz Folk - Don Aliquo - Young Warrior Records -
YW300
Minor Alterations - Reaching - Michelle gregoire - Boat House Records -
BHR CD 0018

(Redd Kotler) I've Been Waiting for You - I'll Always Know - Tomo - Torii
Records - www.toriirecords.com

(Don Raye, Patricia Johnston, Gene DePaul) I'll Remember April - Brownie:
Homage to Clifford Brown - Helen Merrill - Verve/Gitanes Music - 314 522
363-2

(Mario Adnet) An American in the Samba - Renewed Impressions - Vitor
Santos - Adventure Music - AM 1031-2

(Michelle Gregoire) Minor Alterations - Reaching - Michelle Gregoire -
Boat House Records - BHR-CD018

(B. Carey, C. Fisher) You've Changed - Doin' Allright - Dexter Gordon -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84077

(Eddie Durham, Jimmy Rushing) Sent for You Yesterday - Count Basie: the
Complete Decca recordings - Decca Jazz - GRD-3-611

(Palmer, Williams) I've Found a New Baby - Lester Young Trio - Verve - 314
521 650-2