[JPL] Guitar Debate - Monk

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Oct 17 13:50:07 EDT 2006

I wish I could remember where I read this - after playing with Charlie
Christian Monk didn't see fit to play with another guitarist.
Don Sickler is a killer arranger. I've only heard a couple of tracks off
the album (I played one last night). I thought it was an interesting twist
using guitar and saxes. Do you remember Hal Wilner's (I think that's the
producer's name)  "That's the Way I Feel Now"with all the outlandish
arrangfements of Monk tunes, some by Roswell Rudd, John Zorn, punk bands,
it was actually kind of cool,

P. Solomon WCVE Richmond VA