[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 14:23:17 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 10/18/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Stefon Harris - African Tarantella  - Blue Note
Mulgrew Miller - Live at the Kennedy Center, Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
Phil Woods/John Coates - Giants at Work - Pacific Street
Dave Holland - Critical Mass - Dare2
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Metheny/Mehldau - Nonesuch
Diana Krall - From this Moment On - Verve
Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - High Note
Richie Cole - Rose's Rose Garden -  Jazz Excursion
Don Byron - Do the Boomerang - Blue  Note
Gil Goldstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
11-20:
Keith Jarrett - Carnegie Hall Concert - ECM
Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout
Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch
Steven Bernstein - MTO Volume 1 - Sunnyside
Mike Frost  - Coming Straight at Ya'- BluJazz
Edward Simon - Unicity - CamJazz
Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project - Simpatico - Artist Share
Delfeayo Marsalis - Minions Dominion - Troubadour Jass
and...
Skip Wilkins - Quintet, Vol. 1 - Dreambox Media
Mingus Big Band - Live in Tokyo -  Mingus Music/Sunnyside
Branford Marsalis - Braggtown - Marsalis Music
Ted Nash - In the Loop - Palmetto
Frisell/Carter/Motian - Frisell/Carter/Motian - Nonesuch
Mark Masters Ensemble - Wish Me Well - Capri
Pete Zimmer - Judgement - Tippin
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World - Rounder
Tomasz Stanko - Lontano - ECM
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
Patricia Barber - Mythologies - Blue Note
Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
Kenny Werner - DemocRacy - HalfNote
Papa John DeFrancesco - Desert Heat - Savant
Javon Jackson - Now - Palmetto
Ed Breazeale - Just Beyond - self
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
Pat Bianchi - East Coast Roots - Jazzed Media
Dave Wilson - My Time - Dreambox Media
Anton Schwartz - Radiant Blue - Anton Jazz
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Trio Beyond - Saudades - ECM
Medeski, Scofield, Martin &  Wood - Out Louder - Indirecto
Mike Melvoin Trio - You Know - City Light
Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Jane Bunnett - Radio Guatanamo - Blue Note
Barbara Sfraga - Timelessness Frozen in Time - SyncTimiCity
Jim Tomlinson - The Lyric - O+ Music
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Eliane Elias - Around the City - Bluebird

Adds:
Paul Carlon - Other Tongues - Deep Tone
Kellylee Evans - Fight or Flight? - Enliven
Mitchel Forman - Perspectives - Marsis
Michelle Gregoire - Reaching - Boat House
Donald Harrison - The Survivor - Nagel Heyer
Julie Kelly - Everything I Love - Chase Music
Liam Sillery - On the Fly - OA2

Doodlin' - October 17, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Liam Sillery - Two Time Blues - On the Fly - OA2
Louis Hayes & Cannonball Legacy Band - New Delhi - Maximum Firepower
- Savant
Donald Harrison - Oriental Love Song - The Survivor - Nagel Heyer

Phil Kelly - Body & Soul - My Museum - Origin
Terry Gibbs - Findin' the Groove - Findin' the Groove - Jazzed Media

Mingus Big Band - Celia - Live in Tokyo - Sunnyside
Kellylee Evans - I Don't Think I Want to Know - Fight or Flight? -
Enliven
Don Byron - What Does It Take - Do the Boomerang - Blue Note

Paul Carlon - Portals - Other Tongues - Deep Tone
John Patitucci - Folkore - Line by Line - Concord
Julie Kelly - Both Sides Now - Everything I Love - Chase Music
Mitchel Forman - Milton - Perspectives - Marsis

Stefon Harris - Sunset and the Mocking Bird - African Tarantella -
Blue Note
Meredith D'Ambrosio - Wishing on the Moon - Wishing on the Moon -
Sunnyside
Mike Frost - Aw Geez - Comin' Straight At Ya' - BluJazz

Michelle Gregoire - Reaching - Reaching - Boat House
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note